Saturday, April 20, 2013

Transformation of the Mind

Rama is the embodiment of Dharma (Righteousness), which is the basis for the entire Universe. However deep and great our scholastic eminence or wealth may be, this birth is of no use without the transformation of the mind. Merely repeating Rama's name is inadequate without realising the Rama Thathwa (Principle). A true human being is one who consistently practices the principle of dharma. Burning is the dharma of fire. Coolness is the dharma of ice. Fire is no fire without burning.
Similarly the dharma of man lies in performing actions with the body, following the commands of the heart, deeply rooted in Divine Love. Every act performed with thought, word, and deed in harmony is an act of dharma. From today, emulate Rama in your daily life and transform yourself by following the path of Love.
Baba (thought for the day)
 
Rama stands here for the divine principle and our higher self and we have to transform the mind in the environment we live. How I grew up I always had difficulties to put that into practice. It was a battlefield, only nobody was aware of it.
Even if we don't know Rama, the divine principle is universal and therefore, we have to find it in our own field. We were meditating and repeating the name, but as it is said here it is not enough if we don't realize the principle behind.
 
However deep and great our scholastic eminence or wealth may be, this birth is of no use without the transformation of the mind.
If we have to transform the mind, we face the objective world and the mind patterns. As that mind functions in patterns and if we are not aware of it or not focused on truth, on the observer or divinity, we have no means to go beyond the mind and to recognize the patterns. In consequence we function in patterns and repeat the old conditioning. It is just repeating itself like in a wheel without way out.
What hit is the insight about my mother that she asked after death still for something, something she didn't get, she didn't get her last sermon, it means it was not good enough. 
That felt also like a mind pattern and getting aware what felt wrong during lifetime and what I couldn't understand.
It was just that, she was always demanding. It was in her voice and in the air, it was in the background and it never left her. After she was back, even the sister when she called was constantly demanding something and it felt never good enough.
And it never made sense to me.
It was out of my sight impossible to transform the mind in such a mind pattern, first we have to get aware of it, before we can change something and it is not that easy to get the insight.
I wanted to transform the mind and it was not possible with that attitude and it was not possible to understand her way of thinking and it was painful to see that constant conflict and how troubled it was. When we transform our own mind, we get aware of the mind and its patterns. 
Whatever it was, there was a part she avoided it, and to enforce it she began to constantly demand something. It would have destroyed her illusion that she rescued him, if she would have had to face the reality that it felt rather like co-dependent and attached, but if we have to transform the mind, we have to get aware of it. 

She worked hard, but she was mother and wife, it would not have been necessary to base it on that. The attitude of the neighborhood put her in question. That family knew us too well. As she was running all her life, it had to be recognized and the neighbor's attitude didn't recognize that.
 
What is truth after death? It seems that what we are during life is going on after death.
If our mind is conditioned and not focused on our own higher self and human values and truth, it will go on afterwards, we die as we lived.
We got always negative feedback like, 'you could never do that' and off she was running around.
The first distance I got in meditating, TM helped to stay in myself. 
When we went to Baba we first went for a visit, but she made us a scene and wanted us to go and earn money, that was more important than going to see Baba. And it was not even sure and decided yet what we would do, she already decided for us. That destroyed motivation.  
As she had to constantly prove herself, it felt dangerous. They were my parents, I always wondered why I felt in danger or why I woke up in the midst of night in fear, the danger was somehow in the air, it came up when the mind was calm and settled down.
She put it in question, it was a kind of being intellectual and up to date, proving how good she was. Not aware of it, I went to see them, afterwards I thought I should have gone to India first annoyed by their questions and their attitude of mind. A shocking reality, they wanted to decide for me what I should do even if they didn't know the situation good enough. Not even I knew it good enough. They tried to enforce their mind on us. 

I had to talk with my father, what I never liked and I avoided a confrontation by telling him that we would lose the flight ticket if we wouldn't go, that was for him argument enough to consider it. My parents assumed to know it better than we did.

I told mother that there is not only one way and I had to find the right one to go and my father felt respect, but she didn't get it anyhow, only her way of seeing it was right and for me it was no question at all that she was wrong.
It seemed nearly impossible to stay with them untroubled. To transform the mind and getting aware that there is fear and not knowing why, that was in itself troublesome, it was not the right environment, it was not possible to transform the mind. It seemed they functioned in patterns and they tried to enforce that on us, but that is not possible if we want to transform it.

If I was not aware of it, it came up at night present as fear or nightmares. I wrote Baba letters as I write now my blog in the aim to get aware of it or to keep distance and to stay calm to be able to not mix in their stuff, to not get caught in their mind and trying to watch only. It was real difficult. I was trying to get there all my life and met only obstacles. <
Their minds felt like on a ship in a stormy sea. He went with her to the hairdresser and had the glorious idea instead of waiting, he could walk home. She was looking for him all over went to the police searching for him, came back out of mind. Next day he cut the head of a tree in plain view and asked her afterwards, how she liked it.
She was very upset. It was like constant troubles, and I didn't really know what to do with that state of mind. I just had to stay calm to my own protection, but they were able to get us into it even if we tried everything to stay out of it or to stay calm.
I tried to realize that Rama principle and to see God in my parents. 
As they assumed to be able to decide for us, that was really awful, because I didn't know it myself and my mother knew it for us, how could she possibly do that?
It was impossible as they didn't know Baba.
After a while with them I was always glad to leave, glad to see them and glad to go again.
But not aware how dangerous they were, because she was naive to think that she knew and he reacted on her behalf and enforced it. 
I had to be careful. We always looked for the danger in him, not aware that it was her behind who made it that way. She was naive, and he reacted and enforced it and that was a catastrophe.
In my childhood and teens when it cried it felt like just emotional and it didn't stop, it felt scary. 
I tried to get out of it or to get aware of the situation to be able to handle it better and on that background I was not able to control it.
It was better because my daughter with me, she was only six.
After a while acting like that he had upset mother in every way possible, she got nuts and it turned around and it was our mistake. Finally, there came the point, as always, when he wanted to throw us out of the house, punishing us for their problems, same pattern, as I knew it from childhood and I said, oh we know that.
For some reason they didn't do it, maybe it was because of the foreign country or because of the six year old child. Nobody cared how we felt, they just did it and expected life to go on as always, like nothing had happened. My father talked already like that when I was seven years old and I had no idea why. I never knew why, it was mostly his problem projected in us. It was upside down and today I know it was Tamas, what makes it easier. But I had to deal with it afterwards being pushed around by them.
It is the mind which creates troubles and to transform the mind I had to see God in them. It said everything is fine, just realize the pattern behind and transform the mind. 
They lived in a kind of an outside harmony, but inside it was like constant struggle, and a never ending conflict.
Whatever, they were always able to find faults. I tried to understand what it was behind what was wrong, I don't know, the mind probably, it is never okay.
I wanted to know what I had to learn from it, the reason I went for a visit to get aware of it. But it was difficult, the insight that they were naive and dangerous came up in the inner view not long ago.  
 
The inner child expects respect, love, care, tolerance, if dangerous it didn't feel at home. She was naive and he enforced it. And afterwards they said, I should not, and they gave me the blame for it. After a while I had enough and I tried to get away from them as far as possible, because we cannot transform the mind in those patterns, but it is part of it to get aware of it. 
 
The problem with shame is, whether it's passed in silence or with loud shouting, it is crippling and in fact, it feels like living death. The whole life is spent in a feeling as though you're not good enough.
 
That was it. As she said always, 'you could never do that', it was never good enough, there was always a critic in the air, not enough taking care, not enough everything.
That is based on shame. The worst what could happen was that we were thrown out of the house by them and didn't really know why. Or like the brother who thought he had to tell his point of view what he thinks is true and it was on that shame level and ended in abuse, and in the inner view it was present as 'incest', because he went on the wrong level.
What they think is truth has nothing to do with the higher principle of truth, it is just emptying the mind. We have to face it to get aware of it and to transform the mind to see it in the light of the self.
 
Similarly the dharma of man lies in performing actions with the body, following the commands of the heart, deeply rooted in Divine Love.
Every act performed with thought, word, and deed in harmony is an act of dharma. From today, emulate Rama in your daily life and transform yourself by following the path of Love.
 
I guess it is a process to see it in the light of the self and as M. said once, as soon as possible can be now in two or in ten years. That principle or Rama Thatwa we realize in living it and observing and getting aware of it. The problem is on the spiritual path it has to be experience to be understood, only when we put it into practice it will make sense and we will understand the deeper meaning of the story.
And it needs strength to face that with thought, word and deed in harmony, because the environment is not in that harmony and in transforming the mind, we face all others who live in patterns, it is a challenge and fight between the one who wants to get aware of it and the one who wants to stay in it. 
If it would have depended on my parents and not Baba, I would not have had the strength to begin new again here again with basically nothing and to go on this path. But with Baba we did it, because it was the right thing to do. It was neither a question of attachment or money or safety, we just did what we had to do, but the aim and driving force behind is going in direction of transformation of the mind.

No comments: