Friday, April 26, 2013

Take care of Vigilant Discrimination

All the five elements have been created by the Will of the Supreme. They have to be used with reverential care and vigilant discrimination. Reckless use of any of them will only rebound on you with tremendous harm. 
External nature has to be handled with caution and awe. So too, handle your inner 'nature,' your internal instruments! While the eye, the ear and the nose serve as instruments of knowledge about one particular characteristic (form, sound or smell) of Nature, the tongue makes itself available for two purposes: to judge taste and to communicate. 
So you must control the tongue with double care, since it can harm you physically and mentally. Without the control of the senses, spiritual practices (sadhana) are ineffective. If the senses are given full sway, it is like storing water in leaky pot. Pathanjali (the celebrated author of the Yogasuthras) said that if tongue is conquered, victory is yours.
Baba (thought for the day)

How do we conquer our nature? 
I decided to go on observing because because there had been a feeling of self-realization, but afterwards it was gone. I had to find it again. And I tried about everything to find it and it seemed impossible. 
And therefore, after I had read about the four pillars of the Salomon's temple, 'knowledge, courage, volition and silence', what is often also called the secret of occult societies, I went ahead. It was about an occult principle, I still didn't have the feeling to know, but anyhow, four pillars means the pillars of a house. 
That was the beginning of observing. I began to observe and didn't tell anyone, because it was about silence. 

It felt kind of disturbing that I couldn't tell anyone, because it felt 'alone' and I was that young it was kind of difficult to get aware of it. It means I got aware why it needed courage and volition, because it was still all silence. 
After a while I had the feeling I couldn't tell anyone anymore what I did. There was no way I could explain it, too complicated and I just followed the observer, kept it all inside and for myself and somehow there was no way to get aware of it. And could be that out of that inside observing attitude I have the feeling to not belong to anyone, because I just went on watching.
But Baba was holding up a book inside and that means I had to find a way to talk about it in written form.
And before that he had brought it up and asked to whom I belonged. 
I thought it was about marriage and because there was on the spot someone who said, I belonged to him, I went ahead. He took advantage of it and as I didn't know him at all before, it was kind of very fast and stupid to do that. I probably just hoped that Baba would make it safe and okay and as I watched already for years. That focus since years on the observer lead to insights, inner view. 
And it is the same as it had been years ago, it is not easy to be understood. The inner view in the observer we can compare with a mirror, we look in that mirror, but it is upside down. 
By writing about it and reflecting on that upside-down picture after a while, and it takes usually some time to get there, the picture in the observer begins to grow or we get answers indirectly in reading something or by a thought for the day. It is like indirect seeing and indirect understanding it. 
It can also be called teaching by inner seeing. 
I wondered very much about that statue in the desert in the inner view, but I got only yesterday aware that it means he gets us out of it and why a statue in the desert?  

All the five elements have been created by the Will of the Supreme. They have to be used with reverential care and vigilant discrimination. Reckless use of any of them will only rebound on you with tremendous harm. 

It looks different in the insight than we think it is and sometimes I already felt ashamed in getting aware of the inner view and facing the devil. 
When we look at it out of the colors of the chakras it is kind of normal if the energy in the lower chakras will not be the same color as in the higher energy centers and spirituality goes usually above and beyond. If we are on the lowest chakra level it seems we face the devil and then we can be ashamed about it. 
It was also kind of new to get aware of that shame level, but it comes up on that level. During the inner child work shop shame was their main focus, and for me it was rather strange, but I somehow had the feeling that it was a rather low chakra level.
But if we get aware of it, we can do something about it, if we are not aware of it, we will act it out. 

So you must control the tongue with double care, since it can harm you physically and mentally. 
Without the control of the senses, spiritual practices (sadhana) are ineffective. If the senses are given full sway, it is like storing water in leaky pot. Pathanjali (the celebrated author of the Yogasuthras) said that if tongue is conquered, victory is yours.

With writing he created a way of communication to get aware of it. Because on the level of words I still don't talk about it, just in study circles, otherwise, it is still the same, I am focused on the observer and I have enough to do with understanding it. 
It is a level of inside focus and if there is no silence, it would made it only more difficult, out of the inner view and observer everything looks a bit different, it is upside down and I have to see it first right to get to the right conclusion.
But it is kind of not realistic to think that it can be understood, I guess that is difficult.  

No comments: