Monday, April 29, 2013

Pulling down the Mind

Just as there is a method to pull down an old building, there is a method to be followed in pulling down the complex structure of your mind.
You can definitely achieve success by systematic efforts and become a master of yourself. The ladder must be as tall as the height to which you wish to climb, is it not?
So too, your spiritual practice must be carried on till Realization (Sakshathkaram) is gained. The rice in the pot must be well boiled to become soft and tasty. Until that happens, the heat must be on. So too, in the vessel of body, with the water of the senses, boil the rice (mind), until it is cooked soft.
The heat is your spiritual practice (Sadhana). Keep your Sadhana on, bright and shining; the jeeva (Individual) will at last become Deva (God).
Baba (thought for the day)
 
As long as we know what we are doing, by that method we can pull down the structure of our mind. Do you know how to achieve success in mastering yourself?
Has your ladder the right seize?
He said also that he is the man that came in our dream to wake us. Do you know the spiritual practice you have to carry on until realization is gained?
And did you ever follow that man in your dreams and know him enough to know how he will wake us?
I follow that 'inner master' as he said and since years I try to get it. You have a dream and that dream just shows an 'avalanche'. Do you question that situation or you don't?
When I read Baba's thought for the day, when he said that 'avalanche' means attachment, I began to question the situation.
But if I would not have read it or not been aware of his teaching and that avalanche means 'attachment', the dream would be maybe there, but I would have forgotten it.

It means the man was in my dream, the 'vision' was there, but it has to be translated. I remembered it, because the avalanche felt also alarming, it just missed me. I didn't forget it, it is possible with a dream, as it was just a dream, we can easily forget it. How many are not aware of dreams and that they should understand the insights in their dreams?
I began to question it and to write it down and by that my own consciousness began to reflect on it. And every time I think it over the meaning gets a bit clearer.
And in the mean time I could see that attachment and its meaning and I remembered even how it felt related to my own mother and the situation was recalled of our daily life as children and why she reacted as she did, not without attachement, but with attachment and therefore, it was not true, not objective and not according to the situation, but it was as she wanted it to be, she had changed the situation and the conditioning adapted to what she was attached to and the real reflection of the situation as it had been created by the father got lost and therefore also the feeling of who I am.
And that was the reason the reflection of the father was not as it should have been and years later Baba had asked another devotee in the interview room, 'who I was, what our relationship was and to whom I belonged'.
That seemed strange to me that he talked about me and I translated and I began to inquire about it. But in the beginning it caused only confusion. I got even into a relationship because there was a guy who thought, great opportunity and he said, I belonged to him. And I thought with him I would get the right answers...
And the reason behind was the attachment of my mother.
And that is part of the work to get to know, who am I?
And it is part of knowing to whom we belong.
If there is attachment which changed the situation, it cannot be known, first we have to get aware of the attachment.
She was attached to her own perfect world and she avoided the reality she lived in her marriage.
It seems that was the real reason why he had asked the other devotee those questions. What I didn't know is that 'attachment' made blind and by that blindness, the situation was changed into another light. But it was not real, it was build on an illusion and therefore, something was avoided or omited and that was the father, and that means, we cannot answer the question, to whom we belong because of the mother's attachment. 
That is part of the building of our mind and enquiry is a method to get aware of the mind structure and by that we get aware of reality and who we really are and at the same time we realize why it was not clear before, to whom we belong. 
And all that besides meditation practice which went on regularly anyhow.
It was not done just by regular meditation and there were no insights in just meditating.
That was just the beginning. It was also not understood in just getting aware of the dream or by the question Baba had asked in the interview room. 
We didn't know why he asked those questions and everybody I asked didn't know, but the one who gave the wrong answer, that one wanted me to belong to him and he took advantage of the situation. 
And it went into a relationship, without answers, it was like he wanted no answers, it was strange.
If we consider time and involvement until that relationship was finally ended, it was a disaster. In my mind I could have used that time better. But as he is the father of our daughter, it is never really finished on that level anyhow, but how do I know what it would have been without?
And all that because of the attachment of my mother.
But Baba goes a step further. He tells us that God created that situation to draw us to him.
By that situation of my parent's house and family I had a challenge which made me go to him, because I was looking for truth.
 
The rice in the pot must be well boiled to become soft and tasty. Until that happens, the heat must be on. So too, in the vessel of body, with the water of the senses, boil the rice (mind), until it is cooked soft.
 
It ends with the insight that attachment in the mother made it impossible for her to see things as they really were. The state which resulted from it felt like confusion, but it was a state in which we were not aware anymore to whom we belonged and on that level it was not possible to answer the question, who I was.
Afterwards, I left and came back and couldn't recognize my parent's house as it had been before and as I had it in my memory, that was painful.
It was not anymore what it had been, but there was a mother who was avoiding to talk about things, which mattered and she was talking about things which didn't matter and excusing herself constantly with hard work and it felt always like, I didn't know what she was talking about, and where had my mother gone?
There was something wrong.
The insight getting aware of the attachment in her mind makes aware of the reason why I felt the way I felt at that time and why pain.
It makes the wrong come up, the illusion and it dissolves in getting aware of it. When we understand why it has been wrong, behind we can feel again to whom we belong, the conditioning gone, in getting aware of the illusion, we know again who we are.
 
The heat is your spiritual practice (Sadhana). Keep your Sadhana on, bright and shining; the jeeva (Individual) will at last become Deva (God).
 
That is the 'heat' in our spiritual practice. It is the 'heat' we see in the dreams, the reality reflected reveals to us the right conclusion, if we are awake and able to see it.
 
The questions he had asked: Who am I? To whom do we belong?
And what is our relationship?
Due to attachment the relationship level was disturbed. I was looking for the mother and couldn't find her anymore because of her attachment.
I didn't know anymore to whom I belonged and I couldn't answer the question, who I was. This is on the feeling level, it is on a level of inner identification.
 

No comments: