Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bhagavad Gita Baba discourses, and 'I am that'

Trying to find the principle of 'I am that'.
In the Bhagavad Gita part 1 discourses of Baba he tells in the chapter "Consciousness - its Nature":
"This chit (consciousness) principle manifesting as chaitanya is manifesting everywhere, in you, with you, above you, below you. If you begin to search for and find this consciousness in the external world, it is not possible.
You can only recognize it by turning your vision inward.
Nethi, nethi, mind is not I, body is not I, like that the 'I am I' is reached."

'I am I' is observer only. Even if it is everywhere around, it is not outside, but inside. It is only subject, not object. It is experiencer, not the experienced. There are always three, observer, object of observation and observing.

Everything we can think of as mine blongs to the objective level, because the observer is different from the observed. My thoughts, my feelings, my body, my love... it is object, also my thoughts, he can be in my thoughts, because I observe only, they are mine, but not the I. The observed is different from the I who observes. The observer is watching, a subjective level and that is the level of 'I am I'.  

In the following chapter about "The Nature of I" he tells:
"Whatever action you perform all of them belong to Me, for my sake, not doing them for your sake. It is only I who resides in you as atma.
The word I does not belong to the body, it belongs to Atma, it is reflection, resound and reaction of the Atma.
Whatever action you are doing for your 'self' (Atma) satisfaction. People get lost in delusion on my behalf and my agent.
Bhakti is the reflection of divine love, it emerges from the atmic level, it is a reflection of atma, it is never ever connected with worldly matters and relationships, such love is Bhakti."

The object, it is his, nothing is the I, all object are his. It is the observed, experienced as outside, all belongs to him only, and we do it for him and give it to him. Whatever I see as mine ... is different from the I, the observer and watcher and it belongs to the object of observing to him only. The observer is watching, my thoughts are not I, my dreams are not I, not even my life is I, it is mine, but it is not I. My insights, it is all his only, his lila and different from the watcher. So whatever I experienced, is is all his, nothing is I, because I just watch.  
Who is watching the watcher?
It is the atmic principle which reflects on atma, not connected with worldy matters and relationships.  
'I am I' is the observer, different from the observed. It is pure subjectivity, different from the object, which is experienced and observed. 
'I am I' is the principle of the observer, and 'I am that' is the realization of the unifying principle in which we are all one on an universal level, 'that'. It is not 'I am I', but it is the realization that we are all one in 'that'.
I am that, you are that... we are 'that'.
What is 'that' experienced? It is love only, truth is love. 
Sorry, I try to get hold of that principle to understand it better.  

No comments: