Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bhagavad Gita, Atma the beautiful mansion

Reading Baba's discourses in the Bhagave Gita II, gives me the answer about what Baba said. In the chapter "Atma Soudha is the Only Beautiful Mansion".
It seems that is what I was looking for, when he said: "I know what I am doing, get a big house". Or at least it feels like it goes in that direction. There is never only one answer, and until all are looked at, the object cannot be known, so maybe there is another one, I don't know...?
He tells in that chapter the story of a rich man, who got a beautiful house and asked lots of sages to be present for the inauguration. And he knew there were no defects in that house, but a yogi said, but there are two defects you cannot correct.
This mansion will one day collaps, that is the first defect.
The second one is, the owner has to leave the world one day and go. Death is certain.
Only whoever keeps the eternal atma thatwa in view, will enjoy ever lasting peace and happiness.
A mansion of atma is the most beautiful house, there is not greater and more beautiful mansion in this world.
Is that what he meant, when he said: I know what I do, get a big house?

No comments: