Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cultural Differences

There is only one religion, the religion of Love;  
There is only one language, the language of the Heart;  
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity;  
There is only one law, the law of Karma;  
There is only one God, He is Omnipresent.

Baba

Once I was in Bangalore at the YMCA and someone told me to join the marriage celebration in the house and it was a Muslim marriage. 
It was a strange experience, because that girl had a sari over her head, there was a man, a taxi driver, he said he was her cousin and he explained to me what happened. He said she was married to a cousin of hers and that she knows him and will be enjoy it after all, but in that moment she didn't know it yet and she was sobbing, it was not joyful and when I thought of our marriages it was such a difference, she felt to me like cattle that had been sold, like a cow on the market. 



She was sobbing, while the function went on. He tried to hold her hand to make her feel better, but she didn't want him to hold hands and she went on sobbing, what a difference of culture and I somehow thought that Baba would do the same with us and it would be better than the Western way. 
The taxi driver explained that she had to leave her parent's house and her mother and go and live in the house of the husband afterwards, so that was no joyful event in her experience and they don't divorce.
It felt kind of sad. 
But he said again that she knew him, will be all happy when recognizing who he is. I hopped for her it was true. And that is such a long time ago, in the mean time she has probably already grow up kids and that marriage celebration is long ago forgotten. 
It was such a difference to our culture. 
We think it is the greatest day in life, very happy and the risk is, it is divorced in no time.

But there is beauty in taking a risk. Living what we believe in. Get confirmed the inner conviction. Trust it, what was it, that inner genius?
Usually I called it the inner master. Baba said follow the inner master.
And I trust in experience, above him was 'I am real'.
Above my father war 'illusion', it is better not to do that, but to discriminate between, but I had no idea how to do it, but that was the result of TM and not Baba, only I didn't realize it yet.

I don't want to waste time, energy, life, going in direction of mind fights and no peace, and only a dream, because a mind decision is not real.
And the self decision I didn't understand, because it said not just - that is right, but it said what everything had been wrong, because I grew up in a mind world. 

No comments: