Monday, July 29, 2013

Reap the Harvest of Bliss

Even the best of doctors cannot save a person, when death calls.
Everyone has to necessarily respond to the call, whether they are a bride or bridegroom on a ceremonial seat or on a pilgrimage to a holy place. Death brooks no delay, death accepts no excuse. Tears do not move its heart, nor can threats keep it away. 
So plant the seed of any one of His thousand names that appeals to you, in the well-prepared soil of your heart. Let it sprout in the silence there. Water it with love and service to fellow beings; guard it against pests and cattle, which are the outward dragging emotions and passions. You can do this by erecting the fence of repetition of the divine name and meditation (japa and dhyana). Then, you can reap the harvest of bliss (Anandam).
Baba (thought for the day)

The main reason I joined the life music festival this weekend was to get rid of the negative energy which was in the air after talking to that person I had known long ago and who is working at one of those exit firms.
It was about death and it felt heavy and I had enough of it, because it always was in my thoughts again. I was sick of it and the best way to change the energy, if silent meditation doesn't help is to enjoy and dance together, at least in my experience. Of course, singing also could do it, but as I hardly slept the night before, I was just too tired to attend the meeting.
That were the reason I went to thoughts and going on such an event was a good way to change the mind. Anyhow as I didn't attend for a while, it was even for me a surprise, I just had enough of sitting at home and waiting for I don't know what ... and it was such a beautiful day, it would have just been a crime to stay indoors.
I am anyhow fed up of that waiting for I don't know what..., but actually that is not true and also just passion. We know we wait for the conclusion of a certain time period on the worldly level and on the spiritual level it will be the transcendence of time.
That is what we are waiting for, even if it feels sometimes like waiting for ... we don't know what. In reality we know why we are waiting and also we know for what, it is just difficult to describe and not possible for the mind to get it, because it goes beyond the mind. It is about transcendence of time.
As soon as possible can be now in two or in ten years ...
 
I enjoyed to drive there, it was that beautiful and after a while I began to feel the energy and I remembered that energy from before and I began to enjoy to feel it in the air, just the thought of it was already great. I just was in need of positive, light and beautiful energy.  
Dancing, celebrating and enjoying in that beautiful hot day we had, was like a dream and one of the best remedies to change the energy and it worked out find. And since I have been there, all the past memories came back, because I didn't go for such a long time.
Years ago I went from one week to the next only waiting to go dancing again, it felt that great. But not the people did it, but the energy. It was this  reality of being with every cell of the body and mind in the presence, in the now and nowhere elses and nothing else mattered. It was never about socializing.   
It was a beautiful place on the lake, in the mountains and great to drive there and closer I got, more I began to feel the energy. 
The mountains, the blue sky, the lake, the sunshine dancing on the surface of the water, it felt like one of the most beautiful places I ever have seen.
But that energy, the high energy, I had experienced years ago, it was in the air and with that awarness also the inner joy came ut to go there.
It was a bit difficult to find, because it was a very small road finally leading to the house. I asked a women walking along the hot street if she knew the place and she did, she walked with a big white dog. 
As it seemed kind of difficult to explain, she asked me if I would take her with the car and she would bring me there. She sat in the front of the car, the big white dog on her lap and it was amazing that they had enough room together and we drove just in front of the house. She was happy and I as well, because it was hot and she said that she was glad she didn't have to walk all that anymore. It was kind of hidden and the first time not easy to find.
Before I even met the gathering, I met someone I knew already on the steps and after we sat and listened to a tape and it answered questions about energy, no motivation, because of living in the present only and nowhere to go. And after years I finally realized why I felt the way I had felt. 
That was in the air during the time when Baba left the body and it was there just as energy.
It is Baba who engaged me inside to a new situation, that way I had to look at everything again, question whatever had not been understood in the past, stirring it up again, because as soon as I was in that energy of the dance again, I just remembered the wind, the warm air and how it smelt driving home and nothing felt better than just to be part of that wonderful feeling. 
 
It has changed the energy, because only beautiful memories came up since. With Baba come up inside the past, the not understood experiences and since it got better and we finally get there to understand it, after all things fall in place and beging to make sense. 
I didn't realize that it could only be answered by myself in self-inquiry. 
Past and future are related to the mind only, and Atman is just what we experience as present, and most of people have no notion about it. 
And I got the answer what the dream of my father said, because it said that future is just like a small star and we always go in direction of that star and of a new project, that means we are always in the mind.
But he had worked in establishing the other level, all his life, only he was not consciously aware of it and in the end he couldn't get out of it, that made it sad. 
I didn't realize yet, why it felt sadm, now I understand it.
It was present as mind state, as opposed to the 'being state'. He had been building that bride, a strong bridge, all his life, but he couldn't get out of the mind anymore at the end of it, what a shame. He didn't find the way to get back into being and in that sense it feels right that he should have had another wife. 
She never stopped to think about others, her mind was constantly in that inner discussion and since a long time I couldn't understand that mind state anymore. If I had her on the phone I listened and said always 'yes', just because she was my mother and sometimes I just told her that she should stop and then I had a offended mother. It was very difficult.
And after his death she told me that, 'it is done', she didn't let him alone until he died.
It was awful, co-dependence and attachment and as I couldn't tell her in that very moment. She didn't get it, she just was offended and tried always to defend herself and that never made sense, a mother defending her stand point, not able to get our view because she was sure to be right. 
That is how she began to think that we were not on her side, but on his, but it was not about side, it was just about reality. 
She divided everything in two sides. 
In the end when she came back we had lots of problems. I was glad she lived closer to my sister's place and she was glad to take care of her, so I didn't have to listen always. As she had my sister and brother, she had not to bother trying to understand what I tried to tell her, she just went on with the others, no change possible and it said in the inner view, that for my mother it was too late, she was too old. 
It was nicer to just meet and go for dinner together. At least during dinner she was not speaking out her mind and it was just about food.

So plant the seed of any one of His thousand names that appeals to you, in the well-prepared soil of your heart. Let it sprout in the silence there. Water it with love and service to fellow beings; guard it against pests and cattle, which are the outward dragging emotions and passions. You can do this by erecting the fence of repetition of the divine name and meditation (japa and dhyana). Then, you can reap the harvest of bliss (Anandam).

That means meditation, we cannot plant the seed of one of the thousand names of divinity if we do not meditate. It is not enough to remember him once a week and the rest of time we forget it. He has to be constantly present. The mantra helps to get established in the state of being and not going for a project in the future or directed by what we learnt from the past. 
But Baba engaged me to himself inside to keep me busy. So I have to listen, think it over and absorb. If we want to harvest bliss, we have to realize the difference between the mind and Atman. 
If the mind is constantly in a project and thinking about the future and it is just illusion, we get with the mantra and the divine presence in a state of mind which knows only the present and it doesn't go for the future, because it knows that it is illusion only and that nothing will change. 
Transformation is from being to being, from here to here. In the beginning we get only glimpses of it and we have to get there, expand the reality to just being in the present, no change. 
That was present during the time when Baba was leaving the body. He was inside present, after the 'I am that' had expanded from 'we' to all devotees during singing. That reality is his and that is why he was felt inside present. 
I was not yet that aware of the difference and after the burial ended, I was on the airplane and still thinking of him, but he answered on the spot and said, not on that level. I was alone again, so he was only present, because there was the ashram and all the devotees and as soon as I was alone in the airplane, he was gone again. 
It is about discrimination. It is important to know that he is present if we are two or three in his name together, he will be in the midst of us. If we are alone it is not the same and therefore, often devotees think inside it is Baba talking to them, when he cannot be it actually, because there is not a 'we'. If
If he would do that when we are in body only, we would misunderstand it and project it on the body level, what has happened anyhow in those guys who abused in the internet, they are all not aware of the level confusion.
Some look for the 'we' in the group doing work together, what is again not on the right level, because they think it is about group and family and afterwards are all those ideas of the mind how it has to be to make it right and everybody should participate, they are present and Baba said that they are only part time devotees. 
Why part time? They see it as family, but not on an universal level. 
If all are included in the 'I am that', it is not a matter of family, family is social consciousness only. 'Thou art That' is an universal reality, everybody can be 'that', we just have to realize it. It is being one in the higher self, all the same, if it is about self-realization, there is no difference and it is not about family. 
As soon as those ideas of family ares present, some think that all have to participate and be good devotees and prove that they are part of the group and they should contribute and that results in passion. 
In our center it was strongly felt last Christmas, as our center should organize the Christmas. 
It said inside, that it was passion and I should stay alone. If meditation or dream, it doesn't make a difference anymore, sometimes it is meditation, sometimes dream, it feels all the same. 
That passion got that strong and dominating, I finally had to stay out of it no matter what and I didn't even go to the celebration. It was like only passion, all those together who organized it well and better, telling others what to do, not just asking for seva, but expecting seva, expecting people to participate and my answer was, 'if it is like that, I will not be there at all'. 
No use to support passion and enforcing the believe that they are right, that is just what they are looking for, confirmation. 
Someone has to make a difference!
Even if it is difficult sometimes, it felt like I went against the group. Only it was not about group, but about passion and they have no notion of the difference. 
However, I had to stay out of it. That guy who brings passion in the group, he mentions family. In my meditation he was sitting in the car in the back, wearing a white and red striped shirt. I was the driver, we were in the same redaction committee, but he was of course the leader. Therefore, I knew that he was alternating between Rajas and Sathva, passion and light. 
It felt always somehow not okay, but I didn't realized yet what it was. 
Some time before the event, he is usually the first going for it, when it is about something to organize, he stood up in a fit of passion and began to talk. He thought it had priority and that it was more important than the rest. He enforced himself on everybody, took the time and the space, without asking if it was okay for the others and if it was not his turn to speak. 
He asked some people to be there to clean up dishes and to serve, to carry bottles etc., without asking for seva, but assigning tasks to people. I had in front of me an older lady and she said, 'I am not doing that' and me he had in mind to carry the bottles and I told him that I will not be part of it. 
I had to somehow interrupt that elan of passion thinking he was the most important person and everybody has to do what he said. 
That is certainly not the way we organize events. 
There are enough people helping that those things are done without that we have to organize it on the spot. But that is the Swiss mind, it should be organized to perfection, the tendency of the Swiss.
On these levels we can see when it is only social consciousness and it feels like it has not much to do anymore with spirituality, because they think it has to be organized as they are used to it and that is mind. They are not open to trust that it will also happen without that perfection just by people devoted and trying to do their best.
He had been years ago the center leader and he somehow doesn't get out of that role and he still has the attitude, that everybody has to listen when he stands up and when he has something on his mind. 
During meetings, if there is talk about administration, he usually adopts a sarcastic view, makes fun of the foolishness of all people talking together and he is laughing about everything, more or less constantly talking aloud his mind out to everybody, telling everybody what he thinks and how funny he finds it, we are just a big family, to me it feels like abuse. When I get out of such a meeting, I usually have headache.
I avoided it before and I began to again avoid it. If there is no discrimination that is how people who live only passion are enforcing themselves on others in the name of organisation and thinking we have to work together. 
It is not easy, but it is only passion and not Sathva and we have to somehow get aware of the difference.

No comments: