Monday, July 8, 2013

Evolve to your own Code of Conduct

There is no use in asking a doctor to advise you about the plans for the building you propose to raise, nor is it wise to ask an engineer to assuage the pain. Go to the proper Guru and learn from him the cardinal principles to guide your lives. Take time to understand, internalize and practice – what is your code of conduct, what does it allow, what does it condemn, why should it be followed?
You must evolve your own code of conduct (Athma Dharma) centred on the Divine, appropriate to your situation, which is based on the firm belief on the omnipresence and omnipotence of the Divine Self which pervades the entire Universe.
Baba (thought for the day)
 
This weekend was sunny and in the city was a festival with fireworks. There were lots of people and parties, also around the lake. I just mixed with them, remembering the nice times in the past when we were still dancing enjoying the loud music, the people dancing, mixing with the crowd and after the firework the party went on. Finally I went on my way back, got some Asian snack and eating it not thinking of anything bad, as soon as I finished I got sick. My first thought was that I had to throw up, the second, how awful, because all over were people.
But finally I sat down on a step and was gone and fainted into nothingness. The next thing I knew was a nice police lady who asked how I felt. I don't know how long I had been gone.
I sat up and I needed some more moment, I just had to sit and wait a bit longer. After I had convinced them that I could take care of myself again and that it was not too bad, they left. Some people around had called them, there were scared and it was nice to talk to her. Somehow I got back, on the edge of getting sick again, but somehow it took me all day to recover. 
 
Years ago I went into dynamic meditation, because I had to get out of the house and also because I had at that time a teenage daughter and had to grow with her, just sitting in silent meditation didn't help.
This thought for the day is touching the core of it. I had to find my own code of conduct and adapt it to my life, appropriate to my own situation. The dynamic meditation lasted until I came back from an inner child workshop, also a group process and afterwards it felt like the energy was gone and that went on for some time, for some unknown reason, I couldn't just get out of it and always some stuff happened like this weekend, things I didn't expect. 
That felt not very useful, because we need strength and not the opposite. And as I told them, they said do this and do that and I didn't do it, because I wanted answers and not that, because it created only more problems.
 
That is when he said inside that I should stop dancing and after some time I began again with meditation.
What I liked in dynamic meditation is the experience of freedom. It was a kind of 'free dance'. It was amazing because we were able to feel like a small child and it went back to the time before we had to go to school. It felt kind of amazing to get aware that it is possible to remember that time again in getting free of limitations and boundaries in the mind, in going beyond it, what was possible with dancing. 
 
It seems to me the proper Guru was always a question, because I had to understand the inner view, the observer and it was not possible to understand it and that was frustrating.
The inner view we couldn't just understand, it is like looking in the mirror, but it is all upside down, it is 'mirror view' and we need someone who tells us how to look at it, how to understand it and to find the reason why it is like that.
Trying to find that person who could enlighten from inside and tell me how I had to understand the inner view, I got in touch with all kinds of methods and not one I had met before was okay, really.
Also after that inner child workshop the inner feedback was not positive and it said that they wanted to take power away, they tried to take my car away, that is how it looked in the insight. I guess taking power away meant that we have to get therapy dependent, instead of getting aware of it in our own self, their intention was to tell us what it is and what we have to do, that means I automatically got into a rebellious position. The path of self-realizations means we have to realize it in our own self.
It was not a good feeling and not a level of trust, and after I noticed it, I just did the opposite of what was emphasized by them. And I stopped dancing and during the time I was in Prasanthi, when Baba left the body, he mentioned it inside and he said that he understands that I went there, but that it is not working, because older age needs more safety.   
But at a certain point it helped to feel integrated here in that society and that felt good to me, once a week I went dancing and it means I had changed from silent sitting meditation into moving and dynamic meditation.  
But as Baba guides from the inside it is different with him, but there is still the challenge to understand it right.
The problem is discrimination. We are not aware of the difference between direct sense perception and indirect seeing, it is not enough absorbed.
Also in our study circle someone mentioned the difference between seeing and experience and it was not clear that difference between 'seeing and sense perception and indirect perception, inner view.' The difference is between direct and indirect perception. We have to know how to use the right words.
If we don't know the right words, we don't know how to understand it. It is a problem of discrimination and not enough thinking it over and absorbing his teaching.
There is a very clear difference between 'sense perception and outer view on the level of the eyes' and the indirect inner view'. If we mention the difference between direct and indirect, we cannot go wrong, because we know it is not the same.
In that inner child work shop I mentioned the inner view, I had during that time a lot of dreams and no answers. After I had mentioned it, I got the answer that it is an expression of pain and that it is for sure not. To be in the observer, to watch, words, action thoughts, character, has nothing to do with pain. It felt like TM, just meditate and all problems will be solved, but it didn't take care of the source of the problem, the indirect inner seeing. It was not answering how we get aware of the 'inner view', but just putting it on the shelve of 'pain', therefore, get rid of pain.
It was not even recognized as existing in the observer. That means it was all only on body level. And on that level about inner view it is not solving problems, but on that level it is only creating problems, because it is not aware of it and they assume to have the right answer, what is not true. We can call that level confusion. I spoke about a spiritual level that guy had no notion about.
      
Go to the proper Guru and learn from him the cardinal principles to guide your lives. Take time to understand, internalize and practice – what is your code of conduct, what does it allow, what does it condemn, why should it be followed?
 
Discrimination is the first step, but lots of people I met think 'love only' and their mistake is that they think they know 'love' and it makes them stop to think about discrimination, because they think discrimination belongs to the intellect only. It probably has to do with the fact that we don't know the heart good enough. The inner view is in the mirror of the heart, there is the reflection taking place and it has its own intelligence and wisdom and that goes beyond the mind.
We have to learn to know the heart and nobody tells us, but our own insight.
 
You must evolve your own code of conduct (Athma Dharma) centred on the Divine, appropriate to your situation, which is based on the firm belief on the omnipresence and omnipotence of the Divine Self which pervades the entire Universe. 
       
If we don't think enough about his words, listen, think it over and absorb, we are not able to know the value of discrimination in our own experience and as long as we do not have that basic discrimination in our own self, experienced and put it into practice, we are not able to get aware of the circle.
Instead of going into the deep meaning of his words, we assume we know it or even worse, that we don't need to know it and that it is all simple and done before we even began, that means we are not even listening properly and that is Tamas, dull, not aware of it.
Because thinking it over brings up the past and all kinds of issues in our life what has to be seen in the right light, we avoid it so we don't have to bother about it. That part is 'passion' (Rajas). But if we try to really absorb his words, we get aware of the echo coming back and that is Sathva.
In sharing it with others we get aware of it, because it is not a level we can keep for ourselves only. And that is when we get aware of the circle.
You and I are We. We is He. It is in getting aware of 'that' only - that is how we realize the real value of his words and the circle. It begins with listening, it evolves in self-inquiry and recognizing it in our own life in the light of the self, integrating all those experiences and in sharing it, we get aware of the value of the circle. On the level of unity we are all one, it means only in sharing we get aware of it, because he is alive in the sharing. Sharing brings the light and the insight and the reflection that we are 'one' and therefore, we are 'he' or just 'that'. 
'I am that' is an experience and insight, it is self-awareness. In sharing we get to the reflection of the real value and the inner answer and we can feel his presence. When the shadow moves and the clouds go away at the same time the sun is seen, the light is there.
 
Listen, think it over and absorb. The first step is discrimination, the second step is to get aware of it in our own life and the third step is to go on and on, no matter what obstacles we have to face.

No comments: