Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Great Mistake


By carrying a bundle of sandalwood, can a donkey become an elephant? The donkey will sense the difference in weight but not the scent! On the other hand, the elephant disregards the weight and inhales the sweet scent. So too, the spiritual aspirant, or devotee will take in only the pure truth, the pure essence of good activities, of godliness and scriptures. On the other hand, one who goes on arguing for the sake of mere scholarship, learning, and disputation will know only the weight of logic, missing the scent of truth! Love (prema) is the most effective instrument for constantly remembering the Lord. Keeping that instrument safe and strong needs the power of discrimination (Viveka). Many in the world utilize their vast learning in disputation to prove their superiority; this is a great mistake. If they really were so learned, they would silently experience the core, the pure Divine.

Here we have the example of the donkey and an elephant and Baba talks about arguing.
The donkey feels the difference in weight but not the scent and to the elephant the weight doesn't matter, he enjoys the scent.

He compares it with a spiritual aspirant of devotee who takes in only the truth, the pure essence of good activities, godliness and scriptures. It reminds me at the strength of an elephant, the sutra we had with TM and the Darshan when it was in the air as, 'you have the strength of an elephant', I guess for me that was rather confusing, because I sat in the rows in Darshan and I was waiting and I had to get answers and didn't know what it meant and why it was in the air, I thought it had to do with TM, but I didn't understand the Darshan. I didn't feel that strength really.

But I remember after we became meditation teachers there was an insight and at that time I didn't know yet that it was an insight, it was in the dream stage, we took a big jumbo jet and we were on the way to the US and I wondered if that big huge grey elephant would fit in that even bigger jet, the animal had a vacuum cleaner in his trunk and we were on the way to clean consciousness.
 That was kind of an amazing insight, but I didn't realize it yet at that time and I wondered about it. 

I had not feeling for it and why there had been that elephant in my dream and why such a huge one and I thought it had to do with the sutra and in Darshan it was the same, I thought it had also to do with the sutra.
On a birthday Baba was sitting on Sai Gita and he made a big smile and only later on it was clear that it was also about the strength of an elephant.

During our meditation time we were never ever arguing, that didn't exist. We were meditating and we also were not disputing to show superiority, we were teaching meditation instead.  

Many in the world utilize their vast learning in disputation to prove their superiority; this is a great mistake. If they really were so learned, they would silently experience the core, the pure Divine.

How is it to dispute for something like that, I lost the feeling for it and as Baba tells for the sake of scholarship, learning and disputation.
But there is someone like that in our center, what is he doing?
He has understood nothing about duty, but he talks about his education and training and he said that everything is about the self only, what is right only not in that sense, the question is how he understands that self, in his mind it seems to be the ego.

If he is arguing about it, it is for sure not the higher self.
When he talks about the training he has it is about scholarship. 
I tried to get to the point and I had to ask him a question as I am responsible and it is about my duty and the answer I got felt like it was my personal issue and he didn't even have a notion about duty, but duty it is duty and not a personal issue.

On the other hand, one who goes on arguing for the sake of mere scholarship, learning, and disputation will know only the weight of logic, missing the scent of truth!

It is what happened after I had quoted Baba's word to let Baba talk and to be a bit inspiring in that way he wrote and that guy didn't notice it, he went by logic and even worse, he began to give Baba a therapy and he put Baba's words in question, it means he didn't get aware or the didn't hear that I said that I quoted Baba, he thought it was I and my words.
He was that much into his weight of logic, as Baba tells us here - he was missing the scent of truth.
So I put underneath the not translated sentence of Baba's thought for the day with no more comment and I told him that he sees not anymore the forest before trees. Instead of being inspired by the words of Baba, he put Baba's words in question every word of Baba and he tried to give Baba a therapy or something of that sort.

Love (prema) is the most effective instrument for constantly remembering the Lord. Keeping that instrument safe and strong needs the power of discrimination (Viveka). 

We have to use the power of discrimination, it is with love actually.
We have to accept truth and if it is loaded with the weight of logic, we have to accept also right action, what seems in that sense getting aware that it is not the right path and we have to understand peace and peace is not possible on that arguing level, therefore, we meditate, don't we?
There is nothing of all of that in him. Only if we have those three things, truth, right action and peace, we can make the experience of pure love.  

Many in the world utilize their vast learning in disputation to prove their superiority; this is a great mistake. If they really were so learned, they would silently experience the core, the pure Divine.

Disputation to prove their superiority if the learning is vast or not. It was strange that a so called Baba devotee didn't notice it when it was a Baba thought for the day. It felt real strange, but here Baba tells us why he does it.
I guess when he said in the last study circle, when I told people about the third question and that we should think it over and he answered, what there should be to think it over about, he also tried to prove his superiority, even when it is about Baba's words he tries to prove his superiority with disputations.
Baba calls it a great mistake and as he is telling us, if he would be really that learned, he would silently experience the core, the pure Divine and not try to prove his superiority by disputation and discussions and arguing. 

I probably will use this thought for the day when I send away next week the next study circle. Only it would be kind of surprising if he would get the message. He reminds me at my ex, he also doesn't listen and seems to use Baba for his own purposes and he only wants to take advantage of it to prove his own superiority and even if it is clear how foolish that is, he is still going on like that.

Many in the world utilize their vast learning in disputation to prove their superiority; this is a great mistake. If they really were so learned, they would silently experience the core, the pure Divine.

No comments: