Saturday, March 30, 2013

Temptation to ignore Dharma

The temptation to ignore Dharma grows from egoism and the acceptance of false values.
The wish to satisfy the lower desire is the root of adharma (unrighteousness).
This wish takes hold of you slyly, pretending to be a comrade come to save you, or like a servant come to attend on you, or like a counsellor come to warn you. Wickedness has a thousand tricks to capture your heart.
You must be ever alert against the temptation; you often remind others of Dharma when you desire to squeeze some advantage from them.
You must remember not only the rights that Dharma confers but also the duties it imposes.
Baba (thought for the day)
 
The higher self, the reflection of it, had nothing to do with Dharma that came only later on, but it had to do with self-respect and therefore, there was no difference to Dharma. It went into the right direction anyhow.
Years later I went to Baba to get knowledge about that reflection and to understand it right, because there were wrong conclusions and he helped to see it in the right light.
It was not about being on guard of false values, not be able to trust anyone anymore and to live in love anyhow, that was kind of difficult to get it together anyhow.
I went dancing and inside I was constantly reminding 'not that', 'not this', not because, whatever..., because it helped to transcend the music and the mind and it was my focus. 
If I would have been that afraid of lower values, I would not have been able to go dancing at all, because to go there I had to already jump over my shadow.
The main thing was to go beyond the mind. It didn't mean that I had to be scared all the time, because I couldn't trust myself.
The waking state is not real, because it is changing and the dream state is not real, because it is also changing.
During waking state I think that is real and during dream state I think that is real too and both are not real, because they are changing and the reality of the true self is not changing. That is the role of the Guru to make us aware of the mistake and to see reality as it really is. 
 
But first we have to know Dharma and understand it right, before we are able to ignore it. We have to learn to understand between false and right values, and we don't know it good enough in the West to be able to do that. It means our waking state is not real and our sleep state is not real, but the higher self is real.
It means no difference if it is made by Baba himself inside, it is also just a dream. What is real?
It is not real in the waking state and it is not real in the dream state, it is not real when done by him and it is not real when not done by him. What is real? 
It feels like like a prison to me confined to stay alone for the rest of my days and I am not asked if I would like that. We are not able to do anything, because in everybody we meet is just temptation.
I am just a human being and I want to be just a human being, that is good enough and I will for sure not spend the rest of my life alone because everybody I meet is a temptation. It has to be a different motivation to make it work. 
A life in fear, constantly thinking about temptation, who am I to do that? Divinity is free, there is joy, but that level is nothing but constant fear of others, where is the joy gone?
That are the kind of people sitting in Bhajans and they never get out of the mind, just because of that reason, sitting in Bhajans, if they come at all and they don't dear to sing fully thinking constantly of the other and what he thinks, that means they stay in the mind.
I learnt with Baba to meditate as 'not that' and 'not this' and therefore, no need to be alert, because it was everything 'not that', that took care of it and it felt free.
If it is not the mind and not the dream, not the waking state and not the dream state..., it is just constantly not that and it makes free. 
But during the time I was with him in the ashram, I had to get aware of inside experiences, it was not about temptation, because I had not choice but trust and understanding to get to the level of being able to understand it. And my ex answered a Baba interview, he seemed to be serious. 
It is my own self and enjoying to be free, and I recognize it from inside, but not because I am afraid of temptation and others constantly.
 
This wish takes hold of you slyly, pretending to be a comrade come to save you, or like a servant come to attend on you, or like a counsellor come to warn you. Wickedness has a thousand tricks to capture your heart.
 
With my ex it was about marriage, that seemed serious and not on the level of just taking advantage of it. He is still serious in that sense, it is just wrong, because it was another level he took advantage of it, it was not real and a dream level. 
Even if I would have done everything to avoid it, it was not possible on that level, because at that time behind was that TM issue and the lost relationship, there was not way I could have known.
That was the problem, it was not only about relationship issues, but also about myself. 
Does it mean we will be the rest of our lives alone to live that kind of duty? We are not the mind during the waking state, we are not the dream state. We are what is left. Not this and not that.
It is not only about purity, it is also about freedom.
Do you think you know the duty of that Dharma, and what are the rights he is talking about? 
He has to make sure that we understand it right, but do we understand it right? If it is not the right answer it is our own prison. 
For me meant Dharma self-respect and in that I got free and that was the best answer.
I went to Baba to get answers, to understand insight and not to become a prisoner of my own understanding. We have to discriminate about higher and lower? In being not that and not that, not waking state and not dream state..., it is anyhow higher. 
It takes care by itself. 
These are the problems we have in the center.
That is why I went dancing. Even if it didn't work, it was a way to go beyond the mind. During Bhajans I got that bored I could hardly keep my eyes open, but after I had been dancing for some time, I knew that the most important thing was intensity, since I play the cymbals to be in that intensity and to get out of the mind.
We don't get out of the mind, if we have to be constantly aware of temptations. It is not possible to get out of the mind, if we have to be constant afraid of something. There is no intensity to get out of the mind, it keeps us in the mind.
It means he made that engagement to make me aware that not only the waking state is not real, but also the dream state is not real and what is worse that all what he does is also not real as well, because it was in the dream state. It means nothing is real. 
But there is another level and in that level everything is real, because it is based on the higher self and everything else is 'not that'.
If I am identified with the wrong thing, that is a mistake.
If I wake up in a prison, I have to find a way out. The mind is our own prison, in getting aware what I am not, 'not this and not that' I get to the reality 'I am ..., who? 'I am that'. 

No comments: