Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The inner Voice

You need not even read the Gita or the Upanishads.
You will hear a Gita specially designed for you if you call upon the Lord in your own heart. He is there, installed as your own Charioteer. Ask Him and He will answer.
Have the Form of the Lord before you when you sit quietly in a place for meditation and have His Name - that is, any Name when you do japam (repetition of the divine Name).
If you do japam, without a Form before you, who is to give the answer? You cannot be talking all the time to yourself. The Form of the Lord you are calling will hear and respond to you. All agitations must cease one day, is it not? Meditation of the Form of the Lord and repetition of His Name are the only means for your mental agitations to cease.
Baba (thought for the day)
 
We should just be aware of what kind that inner Gita will be, we don't read it in letters, but in inner pictures and we have to understand it.
Therefore, it is best to write it down to be able to get a glimps of it. Afterwards we can see the reflection coming back. That is actually what happens here in my blog, when I write down stories and dreams and insights it looks all differently than it had been before and that is my inner Gita. 
The inner Gita is our own story and our own Charioteer is the inner master and not what we would like it to be, but what it really is. Yes, he definitly will answer inside, he really does.
And it is a great inspiration.
I don't know how it is about you, but I think it is also great to sit up in the morning and begin with meditation.
I get up like that since years. I began over thirty years ago with regular meditation and before I did already japa and meditation trying to stop thinking.
But the result is that I can open the inner Gita and if something comes in there is the Charioteer giving its comment and afterwards I have to find the reality behind that scene, like in the real Gita, it is also a battlefield.
Sometime it is just great and sometimes it is that real, that we would rather like to change channel, but there is only one channel and that is tuned into the Charioteer.
 
I know the place where
You keep your secrets
Out of the sunshine
Down in a valley
But I'm not afraid anymore
It's only a broken heart
 
 
(Tom Petty, I is only a broken heart)
 
If you are not afraid to face the dark side, go on. Sometimes I prefer to just open a book and read a Gita, because I can at least think it is outside of me.

 

 
 
 

No comments: