Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Watcher and the Lesson

You are not one person, but three:
The one you think you are;
The one others think you are;
The one you really are.
Baba

Baba always reminds us that he is not the body, and if we see him now that sick, he is sick, but as he is not the body, he cannot be sick, but the body is anyhow sick.
But as he was a lot in my dream, he is inside present; only on the outside he is not present.
They don’t know yet when he will come back to the ashram and everybody is waiting anxiously.

That is a good lesson I guess to get aware that we should not identify with his form.
We also are not the body. If I can be one with you here, miles away, how should that be possible if we would be the body? The oneness is on another level and there is something very beautiful about it.
The same with him, it means to remember that it is He behind it and he is 'that'. Above the Darshan in Ooty he was giving Darshan to the body was in the air, ‘I am that’. But it was maybe more the reason of TM that I couldn’t think it over and therefore, not absorb. I didn’t even get aware that it was Darshan. I got aware that in meditating it was not possible to think it over, because we had the instruction to go back to the mantra when we notice that a thought is there and when we do that, we do not discriminate between the different thoughts and also not if these thoughts are insights.

I always found it easier to get aware of the principle, seeing the observer behind watching, never involved, never acting, but omnipresent.
I have seen in Baba often my mother. And my mother died about a half a year ago.  
The watcher is for all the same, our realization is different.
He cannot be the body, as soon as I say my body, that is the object, my thoughts, my feelings, my car, thoughts don't belong to the observer, he is watching, he is not it, the same as he is not a car.

I see in him my mother and myself, when I am the observer, and don't forget that it is the observer, and not someone else. 
The one I think I am, that is the body, when that I is there, automatically I project the same consciousness in him and that is blind.
Whatever the observer is watching and different from the watched. He cannot be the body; he sees the body as object. There is a difference between what he sees and the seer, between the seen and the process of seeing.

No comments: