Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bitten by a Snake and Wake-up

Suppose you dream that you are being bitten by a snake, and are struggling with pain, shouting and frantically searching for medicines. Now even though you are bitten by a snake, do you take medicine to remove the poison? No, you don't do that, because this happened in your dream. You perhaps will even forget the pain, as soon as you wake up, isn't it?
Similarly today you are in deep slumber of ignorance and worldly attachments and hence undergo a lot of suffering.
The world is ephemeral and full of misery. You suffer only because of ignorance and body attachment.
The moment you are awakened from the slumber, your problems will be solved. Anyone and everyone who aspires to lead a happy life must reduce body attachment. You develop ego because of your position, associations, physical strength or wealth. If you want to enjoy bliss, never give any scope for ego.
Baba

How do we get to insights?
In the beginning I was that afraid to get distracted, I didn't read, I tried to stay alone and to focus only on the watcher to not miss it.
I didn't know what it was. I just didn't want to miss it and everything seemed a distraction. In a sense I was glad that my life was regulated by my job, I did my work and time passed by, I was still watching. I didn't try to understand what I did, I just watched.
I had read in the Autobiography of a Yogi from Yogananda Parmahansa and others that it was possible to make the direct experience of the divine.
And I decided to not change things until it would change from the inside. And I didn't tell anybody what I did, because it was kind of impossible to make sense.
If we are really focused on the observer and not on something we think is observing and just another form of the mind, we will get aware that it is quite difficult to explain it without the help of Vedic knowledge, because in the West it seems just not to make sense to watch without a purpose of watching or just to watch and by watching to get aware of the watcher itself. 
I expected the watcher to take action instead of the mind, but that I didn't realize at that time, it felt just dark and I had no choice anymore to change it, I had to wait until it would be done.
So I went on watching and after some time I didn't know anymore what I was doing, it was not possible to talk about it and again we had to just wait until it would be done and that became more difficult as time went by. 
One night in the dream was the light of the higher self, a white light and beautiful, it was all I wanted, all I loved, it was love only.
In the morning I awoke and outside everything went on as always, I went to work and it was like nothing had happened, but I knew something had happened.
But I had applied to a job just to get an answer and that was the answer that someone else got the job and in fact I didn't want it.
I wanted to go in direction of that light and that love and I was glad someone else got it and I got aware of the higher self and it was impossible in that job and that is how I quit.
It was due to the higher self, in that light it was clear and not the mind, it was the self that  what I wanted and the job I didn't care really about it. In that sense it had decided for me and it said that it was done. It was just hard for me to understand how it had happened and why there was such a beautiful white light in the dream and how magnificent it felt and it was present as reflection, it was the higher self.   
That was the result of working, waiting and watching.
I went on looking for answers and it was kind of difficult to get those answers. It had to be again in the inner view and in the beginning I didn't understand anything at all, only after I put together the insights and the words of Baba in the thoughts for the day, it means indirectly I related the his words and what came up in the dream the insights to my own way of seeing it, going through it again and again and it began to get closer and it began to make sense.
Out of the light of the higher self we don't have any reason for pride, because after that long time waiting finally what did I get, I had changed the job.
Afterwards I met the Hare Krishnas and there was some light in them and I went ahead in that direction and the life quality changed, but I still didn't get an answer. And that is how I went into TM and in that inside direction and there nobody was knowing what they were doing, all dependent on the leader and we had to make the sad experience that with him if he didn't know what he was doing, the whole movement fell and he was only an actor, he was not a yogi.
All that reflected in the light of the higher self, it went on like that, it was always present and one of the worst experience was with TM, all puppets on a string and the leader was not in the light, but just an actor. That is how we went on and getting negative feedback.
I always hoped to get an insight like that with the higher self again, but that didn't get repeated. I was not really aware of the work I had done and my own higher self and that is how I had to go through the experience.
The light of the higher self is always there, but today it is the light we take in with every breath and it is all what it is 'not that' we are breathing out. In beginning I was breathing in the light, because I was not aware that the light was always there.
That has changed, now it is the light that is present and what we have to breathe out is everything what is not-that to keep on in the light.  

No comments: