Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What exactly is Truth?

What exactly is Truth? Is it the description of a 'thing seen' as one has seen it, without exaggeration or under-statement? No. 
Or, the narration of an incident in the same word as one has heard it narrated? No. Truth elevates; it holds forth ideals; it inspires the individual and society. It is the Light that illumines one's path to God. A life inspired by Truth will enable man to live as man - not degrade oneself to the status of a lower species. There is God everywhere and there is no second entity. God is the Truth, the only Truth. God is in every article or thing, as the basis, as understanding and understandability, as the source of Divine light, as Atma. 
Truth is the One Awareness, the One Divine Energy that activates every living being, nay, every particle of matter.
Baba (thought for the day)

If I am reminding myself that 'I am light' or 'love', it is true, even if we have not yet realized it. 
What is truth? It is a non-changing, eternal, permanent value. For me it was easier to relate to 'light', because I had that experience. 
I still had to realize that it was not different from God and in the beginning it seems that far away, we could hardly grasp it, therefore, I always repeated the mantra in the hope to be somehow closer to him, because he said in my first interview, I should think about God only. But that made the question come up, how do we think about God? 
It is the Light that illumines one's path to God.

And he goes on explaining it to us. There is God everywhere and there is no second entity. God is the Truth, the only Truth.
It means if I think 'I am light' and not darkness and that is truth, I get in touch with the reality which alone is real. It is called truth and even the only truth. It is not a relative truth, as we know it from science, it is an absolute truth and therefore, there is only one and it is non-changing.

Truth elevates; it holds forth ideals; it inspires the individual and society. It is the Light that illumines one's path to God. A life inspired by Truth will enable man to live as man - not degrade oneself to the status of a lower species.
 
If we die, the body is gone, the only thing going on of that world we know is light, love and truth. 
If in the moment of death our awareness is identified with the body and mind, we die with the body. If we are identified with the 'light we are', only the body dies, but the self doesn't die. Our higher self is on that level of non-changing reality and it is an always same not limited state of being and it is always true. 
It is not changing and it is therefore, like a rock in the wild see of negation. 
And it is for all of us the same self, the same divinity. 
To realize that 'I am that' is just the first step, to get aware that we are that is the second, there is no difference on that level between us or between you and me and it means finally all are that. 
If it is about the light and I think I am the light, it is wrong to think that it is only my light. There is no mine and thine on that level. There is only light. 
It is as well your light and you have to realize it, we are both the same. And if we understand that we are both the same, all others are the same light as well, it is just a right conclusion. It expands, because there is no limitation to light.
And that it she same level to truth. It is uplifting. If we are aware that in the other is the same self as we are, we care about the well being of others, because it does make sense if there is no difference. Developing discrimination means to get aware of it. 

Truth is the One Awareness, the One Divine Energy that activates every living being, nay, every particle of matter.

There is no difference on that level of truth and often it is just called 'that'. If we call it just 'that', we cannot go wrong, because everything we can think of is relative and untrue, it is called 'that' because it has no name and no form. It is light and love and truth. 
If we remember that we are light and not everything else what is always going on in our mind, of all that only light has a permanent value and that is what Baba calls God. 
There is no difference between God and the higher self, but we have to get aware of it. 
If we know that it is all one and that there is no second, it can only be the same as the higher self, because it is a non-changing and permanent and eternal value. It is real and it doesn't die and when we get born it is in the purpose to realize 'that' and to realize that the oneness between all living beings. 

I had seen that 'I am that' above Baba in Darshan and it was in the mountains and we were sitting in the wet grass. It was after Darshan, Baba had been with us before and went back into the house and after his Darshan I began to meditate and in that meditation state I didn't notice that he was coming out again and now he was standing in front of a group of boys. 
It was in Ooty, at that time he had a school in Ooty. Somehow I opened my eyes a tiny bit and was all surprised to see him standing directly in front of me and there was that group of boys. I didn't realize what I saw in the air, because in meditation I was not thinking, I wanted just to go on meditating. 
Above the whole group was the thought 'I am that'. My mind was just thinking that all boys were thinking the same thought, even thought there was a voice in me, it said that it didn't make sense. But we had interview after that, three interviews in one week and Baba was looking a long time in my eyes until the question came up, what is he looking for? 
After that he turned his eyes away.
I had an experience of the higher self long ago in my inner view and vision in the dream, but there was no reason to spontaneously relate it to the experience of 'I am that'. I went on feeling great, because of the close experience with Baba during that time and that lasted until his birthday and there it changed and I didn't know what I did, but it was not the same anymore, the inner close contact was gone and I didn't know how to get the right answer. 
I meditated, I was singing with the others, but mostly I meditated, but there was no answer. I felt real frustrated. 
In that year I didn't want to go back to my country to get a visa and as I could afford it in that very moment, I went to Singapore to get a new visa for India. I had to change the airplane in Madras and slept in a hotel and in the morning waking up in that hotel someone was in my dream, I had known long ago, it was a neighbor, who lived close to my parent's house and he said, he would come back and marry me. 
I was kind of surprised, because I thought I had forgotten that he lived there, my parents had left that place and went to Spain and it seemed all that long ago, I didn't think it mattered. But Baba made it look all different.
Some time later I met a guy in the ashram and he wanted to get married and because of that dream with that neighbor somehow I thought he was just that person coming back and therefore, Baba later said, that he was responsible.
I tried to call him and I tried to find out why it was like that and why that old relationship still mattered and I was kind of astonished to notice that it was about manipulation and that therefore, he sat in front of my old parent's house and it seemed after all also successful. He had disturbed the family, who tried with all means to ignore it. 
For me it meant I got aware that after all I was not completely wrong. As my family told me I was wrong and I didn't really know what they were talking about, I tried to avoid the family and not to go home anymore, everything felt troublesome. I felt disturbed by the neighbor, but I avoided to talk about it, because they made that fun of it, it was just not possible anymore to talk about it, it was better to stay in distance and I tried to get answers in my own way and that is how I came to Baba. And after all one day it was standing in the air as manipulation only. That explained a lot, at least to me, not really to the others, they still live in the idea that there was nothing wrong and it was all my doing and like that they can go on abusing, blaming and making fun on the account of someone else, I guess it made them feel better. But as it was manipulation only, Baba also said in the inner view that my family let me down. 
It took time to remember how it had felt before that had happened and it was kind of hard to realize what the family was doing. 
It was disturbing to me and the family, but it seemed also it served them, because they had someone to blame now, even if it was not real, nobody was interested to look at truth and that is the same still today. By following Baba what came up is the abuse, it kind of arranged them as it seems, because of the abuse level. But it is the type of answer we get if we ask, lead us from untruth to truth.  

It is about practicing to let go and sometimes it is just great to get aware of the meaning of the Patanjali Sutras.  

When you do not accumulate, then the knowledge of the previous births, knowledge of different species, the communication in you improves. Do you see what I am saying? When, a person says "more for me, more for me", then he is obsessed with fear, one does not know the eternal value of life. Life has been there for ages and will continue for ages to come.
Non-accumulating simply means confidence in one's existence. Confidence is in one's ability. Knowledge of one's self. You know how to make bread and know you can earn it. So you will not make bread for a week and store it for a whole year in your room. It becomes stale.
In China there is a proverb "What you give, you gain more. Whatever you scatter you have it all. What you hold on to, you lose that also". When you scatter it all, it all comes to you. Everything is yours all over.

Who is very stingy? The one who is so afraid of himself, who has no idea of his strength. A person who is very selfish and stingy, he stores and stores accumulate.
A very wealthy gentleman was on his death bed, but was on the telephone looking into the share market "how much I have?"
He was going to die any moment, but was concerned about "what the share prices are? How much am I gaining, losing?" 

What is he going to do with the money now? 
He does not even believe that he has to leave everything here and go. If money transfer was possible, people would transfers all their money up there, before going. Lawyers would have had fun writing wills. They would transfer all their property up, take it with them. Fortunately or unfortunately this is not possible. 
People accumulate and accumulate and then they die. 

It is all about a gift and being able to tell, I am glad that you accepted the gift. 
That is how we let go and don't go into expectation of a result. 

Patanjali says, but what is the effect of it? Janma kathamta sambhodaha. 
You know, when you give things to people, it will give back something to you, some good vibrations to you. 
If you are very unhappy, then that day you give away something. Give some gifts to somebody. You will see how your consciousness will change, shift. 
Sometimes you accept things from someone, gifts or certain things and you feel miserable in life. In ancient days this rule stood very well. When someone accepts a gift, then the giver should be thankful. The giver is always thankful "Oh! I am thankful that you accepted the gift". So that was called as dakshina.

For me it is a gift to get aware of it, because Baba said that my family let me down and as I was not aware of it, I had to get aware of it, it explains many things. And it is not surprising anymore that the neighbor issue was all different than they wanted to see it or were able to look at it. 
It is nevertheless a gift for me to get aware of it, from untruth to truth, but I am not surprised that they cannot appreciate that 'gift', because they have seen it all life in an all different manner and today I also know that it is called Tamas, when truth is turned upside down. 

No comments: