Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fortune, Misfortune and Action

Your fortune or misfortune depends on your actions. Without realizing this truth, you are indulging in evil deeds. 
You feel sorry when the consequences of your sins haunt you. What is the use? 
You have to be careful right from beginning not to commit sin. 
Truth is the ornament for your neck (Sathyam kantasya bhushanam), Charity is the true ornament of the hand (Hasthasya bhushanam daanam). Your hands are useless if they do not perform acts of charity. 
You have to sanctify each limb of your body by engaging in sacred activities. 
Let your eyes ever look only at sacred things. 
These teachings are simple to practice in your daily life. But do not take them lightly. Though they appear to be simple, they lead you to liberation. You may not be able to see the results of your meritorious deeds. But they confer on you all the happiness and comforts in due course of time.
Baba (thought for the day)

It feels like we should be happy always and why not? 

How sweet
It is amazing to be in family and afterwards to realize, that it feels great the time it lasts.
It was probably that part which made my mother fight for it, they have had such a strong family feeling for each other, my mother's family. My fathers was the opposite. And she was fighting for her family, but that was not good, it turned into the opposite, Tamas. It is not a level of fight, it is a level of understanding, being and sharing, human values.   
It seems nearly incredible that we cannot be aware that actions have a reflection, but if we don't know, we are not aware of it. Consciousness is a mirror in the heart and looking in that mirror we find a reflection and that is the level Baba tells, life is the best teacher.
It seems we should be able to learn that lesson in the observer and more over, we should be able to understand it, but that is not an easy one, but it is real.


If we talk about the observer it is not about eyes or sense perception, what is meant is the reflection in the mirror of the heart and that reflection has to be seen in the right light, I am always surprised again. 
Baba dreams are on the level of reflection. Atman reacts, reflects and resounds. 
If we do our best, direction of Dharma and duty, the reflection is like the echo coming back from the mountains, the reflection will be light, sacred, good. It could be a nice and beautiful blue color, elating and fulfilling.  
Or it could reflect a mud hole, a person who turned into a vampire and there was a very long nose, seems a funny picture, but not so funny as reflection, that makes it serious. In that is mirrored the intention and attitude and lots of stupidity.
Everything is reflected in consciousness. 

cock a snook

Often I see the mirror, but get aware of it only later on. It is like an inside darshan, we see that truth reflects. 
There was a greenhouse, a glasshouse, because greenhouses are made of glass. If we are inside and look outside we see the sky and it seems to go as far as the universe, glass is transparent, but nevertheless it is a house and limited. If we put shutters, we find ourselves inside in a building and we see actually nowhere, we see that it is limited, not universal, there was an empty chair in it and a withered bouquet of flowers, it was the TM-glasshouse and the withered flower was the teaching which has no real value.
That means now I see it from outside the glasshouse and therefore, I see the greenhouse.
Reflected is the state we are in. During the time I was in the house, I saw that something broke into pieces, something, which should not be there and therefore, it didn't make sense.
On that point we didn't know that there was a limitation and glass, why should it break if it was unlimited and universal consciousness.
Truth has to be always true and non-changing. That is only possible on an unlimited level. If we are in a glasshouse it is not unlimited, just because we have an unlimited view that doesn't make it unlimited. We are still in a house.
Meditation as technique was practiced regularly and we got used to it, what was good, but we didn't develop a relationship to the universal being and therefore, we thought we were on an universal level just by practice, and that was not real, that is the glasshouse. 

From inside I saw it break and I didn't know what it was, it didn't make sense that anything could be there if it was unlimited.  
In the mean time I am outside of it and the reflection glasshouse. Don't you think now it is clear why it broke in pieces? 
What felt like the universe was a glasshouse, limited and only inside, not outside, it means in the mind only. Universal is as far as it can reach and it is him, it is divinity, bigger than the biggest and smaller than the smallest, that is certainly not true for a glasshouse.  
Masters seem to reflect in consciousness and can be in dreams.
Not long ago it was Shirdi Baba and he was dressed in red and Gandhi. 
Also my parents had a reflection after death in the dream. 
The reflection is always there, we might not be able to see it, but it is certainly there. If we are not awake in the observer we don't see it.
If someone does bad actions and after he is sorry with himself, he created it himself. 
What is the use, it is just the reflection of his doing, it is what we call Karma, as we sow so shall we reap.
 
Truth is the ornament for our neck. 
 
What is truth? The reflection is the level of truth. But who is aware of it to be able to carry it as ornament around the neck?
I stopped thinking and began to watch and it needs patience and perseverance to wait until we get to truth. I said to myself that it had to come out of myself, otherwise, I am not going for it, no matter what, it should be self-controlled and not mind-controlled.
If we wait and observe we see that everything is not true and 'not that', not the self-level, but only on the mind level and therefore, it happens around us like in a cinema and we play our role in it, but we have to be a good actor, we can also be not awake and stupid. 
Devotion is important, because if everything is 'not that', 'neti, neti', we have to relay on trust and believe that he will be finally there, because truth is always true, real, unchanging. 
And it went beyond death. 
It began at work and that was the 'relationship', a work-relationship, we are not free, we have a commitment, we have to be there every day and do our job and we have a duty. 
A commitment, a relationship, even though it was not a personal relationship, it was a job relationship. 
There was a manager and his son, and his aura seemed very dark. 
One of my friends, a lady from France, nearly twice as old as I was, was speaking with him. It was a strange view, her reflection light like an angel and his dark. The result was dismay, horror standing in the air. It was in a business relationship and therefore, we couldn't handle it, that is an impersonal background and we have no control over it.
Once he was on the escalator with his 'wife', older than him, mood in the air was 'harmony', but at that time I was not yet aware of the reflection, it seemed rather strange to get aware of it. What should I do with moods in the air? It was no level we could share. And there was no relationship whatsoever with them, only because I worked there, it was all hidden behind a working stage ... Puppets moving around without knowing each other. 
Not much time later in the dream was fear of 'losing the mind', it went and came again as fear of death, suicide in the air and the question how it should be done, and all that on that stage level of seeing things, people without real connection just stage player. 
Next morning I went to work, the night felt like a nightmare, I just wanted it to be over, but that morning he went under the train. 
When people began to talk about it few hours later again at work 'I knew', I felt like in the wrong film, I knew and couldn't tell anybody, why and how and how strange that felt. 
That sacred me to death to know and not to know why I knew. That environment felt that strange, but I had not reason to get out of it, it had to come out of my inner self and there was guilt, because I couldn't do anything about it.
No knowledge, no awareness, no influence of the stage players and still feeling guilty, that was also strange. Why should I be guilty if I had nothing to do with it? But I felt guilt.  
It had to do with the observer and the guilt was, I had to decide to support it or not and I decided not to support it, I just had to find a way. 
There are three basic fears. Fear of relationship. Fear of losing the mind and fear of death and all three fears were present in that experience.  
The Atman level is relationship, and fear of losing the mind and body is fear of death. 
That was a kind of confrontation with truth and the observer. I didn't expect it and kind of difficult to describe. It made me wide awake and I guess that was the value in it, I was that awake that I didn't miss it.
Few months later my French friend went for holidays in the south of France and didn't come back. 
Now both people were gone. I had seen them together a few months earlier, they were dead and it felt still kind of horror to remember it and to realize that it was real and not only a dream. It was the real world. 
I applied for another job at the same place to not waste time, it was out of my inner self, but it was not seen, it was a reaction. It was a risk to take. At least something could change like that. I was young, I didn't stop, it had to come out of my own self.
The night before I got the answer, I had nearly forgotten it, there it was - my own self, it reflected inside in the dream, it was present as light, beauty and love.  
It was the higher self, no doubt, between the light and the dark sleeping body was a blue ribbon - 'self' in big letters written in it. 
From that moment on I went in direction of that higher self. It was a reflection. I didn't know how to go in that direction. We had to get more knowledge and understanding. If that reflection was of such importance, the reality in that self was 'bigger than the biggest and smaller than the smallest'. 
Why didn't we know and hear about it? 
That is how I got aware of 'ignorance', missing in schools, in the parents, in the environment and above all in church.
It was the observer, the principle of 'sath'.
In the mean time I know much about it, but not in the beginning. But I began to look for knowledge.
All places I was looking for it was not. It seemed just to get more complicated. When I arrived in Prasanthi and in Baba's interview he said, that is very difficult to understand and just think about God. I had the feeling that he took care, but it was also overwhelming, I had the feeling I didn't understand anything anymore. 
In the mean time it seems again easier. 
Atman reflects, reacts and resounds.
And when Baba left the body it was also reflection, and I guess that is when I got aware of it. I began to see it as reflection, not as something else, not as projection. 
Before he left we went down the well and there was only little water left and up again and he dropped the body, it fell into dust and on the top was Krishna and his brother. That is the reflection of his teaching. 
After his burial he was still present and asked how it looked now. And that is it, since it began to make sense and things came together. It was all about reflection and in question - relationship.
The husband is a relationship. Family is a relationship between people living together and if it is in harmony and peace it is a good family feeling, the reflection of oneness is the family. 
Devotion is a relationship and an eternal relationship and oneness is the reflection of that eternal being.
It means it has to be lived first, before it reflects and it has to be real, otherwise, it will be reflected as not real, as dream and as something else. That is the reflection of our life. 
And if our life is okay or even outstanding, the reflection is that he can be proud of us. 
 
Let your eyes ever look only at sacred things. These teachings are simple to practice in your daily life. But do not take them lightly. Though they appear to be simple, they lead you to liberation. You may not be able to see the results of your meritorious deeds. But they confer on you all the happiness and comforts in due course of time.

No comments: