Monday, December 30, 2013

As the Feeling, so the Result

People worship God with devotion and sincerity, but God is not satisfied with external worship. You should serve society. Only service can confer bliss on you. By rendering service to society, you can alleviate the sufferings of the people, and also bring about transformation in their lives.
Yad Bhavam Tad Bhavathi (as is the feeling, so is the result). When you serve with sacred feelings, it is bound to yield sacred results. Serve society to your utmost capacity. The satisfaction that you get by participating in bhajans is temporary, whereas service confers permanent satisfaction. Time is the most precious gift of God, but you are wasting it in vain pursuits and unsacred feelings. Sanctify the time given to you by serving society. Through service alone you can get rid of worries, ego, pomp and show, and other evil qualities.
Baba (thought for the day)


Tapas, spiritual work is first discrimination, second seeing it in our own life and third going on no matter what obstacles are there.
What is external worship?
When I was a teenager, I was not even aware that it was possible to worship God externally, that was not in question and we had no such service to God.
I grew up in a catholic region, but my family belonged to Protestantism and in our village they had not yet their own church, therefore, me first memories of listening to that was in an empty room in the basement of the school.
There was nothing, not even a spiritual atmosphere and they are surprised that it is all put in question? It has to be put in question, because there was nothing else but intellect.
Later we got a church, on the top with glass-windows so we could see the sky, no pictures, no warmth, it was open, we could see the faces of the other people and the pastor was talking about a bible sentence and that was it and I got out of it tired and wondered what that was.

This Christmas we went to the midnight mass to Einsiedeln and that church it is just amazing. It is of breathtaking beauty.



He said in the inner view, 'I am the One'.
Now that was, as we call it, a Baba Lila. It was between a devotee I write to, he gave me a new job in the dream before he left the body and another devotee he had put in my mind years ago during a birthday celebration.
That inner interview was as private as it can be, an inner view, I was meditating midnight before his birthday and there he was in my meditation and he opened the door and it was a golden light and he was dressed in white. And he asked me, why I was that old and not yet married. I felt ashamed, but he said, I shouldn't worry, he would take care of it.

Trying to get it together, that Baba Lila, I finally got to that insight, it said, 'I am the One'.
That is kind of amazing and it also said, beautiful and rich.
And that is the impression we get in entering that pilgrimage church in Einsiedeln. Here is the amazing beauty of the love for God expressed in that big mansion and as Baba once said that he is on a place where gold and silver flows, and that is how it feels, there was that golden light. It is such beauty in that church, we were in awe watching and that is the expression of divinity and in that moment I knew what I always had been missing and what I was looking for.
That is the house of God. The Christmas carols felt like angel's voices and the prayers were also sung, it is less intellect and more in connection to the heart and religion has to be centered in the heart.
It is about love and love for God has its own expression and that is seen in the greatness of the church.
And looking at my family and all black, what does it tell me really in the inner view?
It tells me that there is no real believe, they go in direction of darkness and with my younger brother it turned into abuse, because he is destroying that sacred feeling.
We cannot get a sacred feeling if we only think about God, if it is not expressed in worship and in love and in its expression and all those lovers of God going the same path, living a holy life. It feels like a crime to me if we don't accept that they are holy and we don't see a means for confession, when it helps us to stay pure in the mind.
It felt like that church of my parents had thrown out everything what helps to be in the heart, glorifying the intellect.

Baba said once in dream about my childhood that it had been too much common sense and too much mind and not enough of that awe, of wonder and beauty. Even though the beauty was also there, but my mother saw it only in nature, not in the church.
It feels like they have lost their believe nearly completely. That is how I see it in my life.
After the USA, coming back here, even if Baba said we should stay in the tradition of the church, I couldn't identify with it. I tried, but we got a newsletter and after a while it felt like they were talking much more about the devil than God, and I had the strong feeling to get nowhere and that it was not where I belong. 
That is how I see it in my own life.

In the midnight mass and listening to the Christmas corals, there was that sacredness and it was that great, at once I just felt at home and that was amazing after looking for that for such a long time and nowhere feeling at home. It was like a homecoming.
That is the tradition and the culture and our roots and that is why Baba always told us to live our tradition and our culture. And it was an amazing beautiful experience this Christmas in that awesome church and we feel like thanking God that it is still alive and that it exists.

No comments: