Monday, January 23, 2012

The Fire of Emotion and Equanimity

Let the wave of memory, the storm of desire, the fire of emotion pass through without affecting your equanimity.

Baba

Equanimity is a nice balanced state of mind and it helps to be aware that the fire of emotions are ‘not that’. Emotions have no real value. If it is there, it is like energy with just enough air to create troubles.
The same with the wave of memory.

Before I began to write that blog and Baba said inside, I should begin new again, I wrote my ex sometimes an email thinking I could understand it like that. Wrong, it was not possible on that level to understand a thing, it was all only wrong. It ended always with the same old story and nothing got clear and by that it didn’t go away, there was no answer it just never ended.
I wrote him to find out what had happened, but it was not possible to get an answer at all, even less a right answer.
Emotions are always there, I think what he tells is that equanimity means that is should pass without affecting equanimity and therefore, get disturbed by it. If we get into bad company, it means that we cannot let it pass through without affecting our equanimity. Bad company will always find a way to harm and to disturb and good company will help to get obstacles away, bad company will take care that obstacles will be always there.
Today I got into that fire of emotions. It came up and felt that high, I was shocked. Where did that come from?
It was an insolent guy, an accusation and in the end he hung up the phone, that was enough. But he does look like that. Like having a wall in front of the head on which he is hitting with his head without breaking through it.
He looks angry and I noticed before that he likes to make people angry, so I rather don’t want him on the phone.

But five minutes ago he passed for a meeting room and was together with one of the nicest guys. When I saw his smiling eyes and I watched the other, there was a smile coming up and I am happy. It was like I would see that ugly guy for the first time. For nothing in the world I would go into that game… and, feeling the smile, I am glad it is there and not overshadowed and we don’t have to bother.

No comments: