Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vitamin G to cure Mind and Body

 Illness is caused more by malnutrition of the mind than of the body. As doctors speak of vitamin deficiency, I will present the root-cause in similar lines as ‘Deficiency of Vitamin G’.
To cure this, I will recommend the repetition of any Name of God, along with contemplation of His Glory and Grace of God. That is the medicine to overcome the Vitamin G deficiency.
Regulated life and habits are two-thirds of the treatment while medicine contributes to one-third. Every one of you must reveal the qualities of love, humility, detachment and contentment through all your actions. When your mind is unattached to the ups and downs of life, but is able to maintain equanimity under all circumstances, your physical health will be excellent.
Baba (thought for the day)

Take that vitamin G, but if today would be a study circle I am certain they would not get it, there are always excuses.
I guess they don’t understand how easy it is to repeat the name of God. It seems it doesn’t make sense to them to do it. Maybe they don’t understand that it is relaxing and cleansing the mind and by repetition of the name of God we transcend the mind.
I guess they don’t understand and therefore, they don’t see the need to do it. They find excuses not to do it.

 
There are always excuses and somehow it feels like a kind of lethargy. But we got to the result that we can observe, at least that is something we can do without even repeating the name of God.
Repetition of the name of God in early morning is great. I do it usually before getting up, just sitting up, a great waking up, before the mind begins with all its activity. It is cleaning the mind. That means after twenty minutes, whatever was there in the mind is gone. Transcending means we reach a point where the mind is not there and that is like a fresh bath and afterwards, we come back and the mind is no more overshadowed.
For sure the repetition of the name of God is what we should do and not look for just a feeling of ‘love’, that is like being an actor.
Someone told me she was feeling love and after that state took over and controlled her, that means it feels to her like she loses control and she said something funny about a wrong conclusion, that mantras are just crutches, like she would know all and be there already.
That sounds like arrogance and a spiritual ego.
She answered she knows herself how she meditated and told me, she knew it was possible, she had the experience once and if we try and try we would get there.
At that point I had not yet understood what she was talking about. She told me she had the experience of it? And I wondered, what is she talking about?
I told her that she should stop arguing with me because I got enervated by her comments. I tell her to meditate and she answers, I know we can do it if we just try, try, try… What is she talking about? Someone who knows, again. She has experienced it once? What? Meditation? She has no notion about it, otherwise, she would not tell such a stupid thing. We don’t expect a result when meditating, because it is always okay as it is.
She knows…, feels like hidden ego. She is just another one telling me, believe me ‘I know’. Like my ex, and you know what, I am sick of it, because those people don’t know anything.
What does she know? She doesn’t even know how to meditate and her telling that she knows makes it impossible for her to get aware of it.
Transcendence is silence, no notion of time and space, in the moment we come back and there is a thought again, we are back in in the mind?
She told me it was a misunderstanding, she wanted to be supportive, but that is not possible, she doesn’t know what she is talking about.
It is enervating to be commented when she cannot comment it. I told her meditate…, repeat the divine name as Baba tells, and if it would be Baba who has told her, she would have answered…
‘We can do it, I know, I have been there, we just try and try and try again and again’.
Imagine someone answering that to Baba.
And when I told her that she should stop arguing, because that gives me the feeling that she always answers back, and she thinks she wanted to be supportive.
We cannot be supportive if we don’t know what we are talking about. Already that idea that she knows and is able to be supportive, it is not okay. It is just another way of telling me she is better than me, she knows what it is all about and she wants to tell me what I have to do.
In her mind it looks like she tells me to make me feel better. 
I told her that it was for all people the same and a principle and that it was just about practice, but she doesn’t get it.
If she wants to make me feel better, she has to use different words.
As long as she tells me she knows there is that hidden ego, but at that point I am enervated by it, too strong, not even understanding is possible, she thinks she understands, but she doesn’t. It is not real that she hears what Baba tells, because she knows already. She doesn’t get it that she should meditate, because she knows everything. That seems kind of a dangerous attitude to take. 
I will tell her, ‘ if we think we know’, we are not open to knowledge and that she should better try to understand it right, than telling me, look at me ‘I know’ and when I tell her to meditate as Baba says, repeating the name of God, she tells, ‘I know we can do it we just have to try and try again, I have been there, I know it is possible. I feel the state of love, it just has to be there always…’
That is not a good way to teach meditation. We have to first be able to listen, before we can tell others what to do. He calls it medicine to overcome the vitamin G deficiency.
He never said that we get there without meditation. He always tells to practice. But they all understand that we will get there anyhow.
Answers like, but I am not that much into meditation, more into seva, (as it had been, years ago, how wonderful it was, if it would be like that again…. like it was years ago… )
If we want to do nothing, we find always excuses. It feels like avoiding it, doing nothing until the next seva is organized by someone.
I told her to ‘observe’, we can get established in the observer, he is the witness, if we don’t do anything but that…, being in a limitless realm of truth, just witnessing. The witness goes beyond limitations and it therefore established in a state of truth, Sath and that is the experience we are looking for.

No comments: