Monday, August 27, 2012

Continent Walkers, the World his Play


With a little reasoning you can know for yourself the path you need to take, thereafter, it can be trodden step by step until the goal is reached. Whatever be the path, retain this knowledge that attachment causes pain and detachment results in joy. But you cannot easily detach yourself from activity; the mind clings to something or other.
Make it cling to God, let it do all things for God and leave the success or failure, the loss and the profit, the elation or the dejection, to God.
Then you have the secret of peace and contentment.
To get this attitude of surrender and dedication, you must have Faith in God. God, whose play this world is.
This world is not an empty dream; it has a purpose and use. It is the means by which one can discover God. See Him in the beauty, the grandeur, the order and the majesty of Nature.
Baba (thought for the day)

That sounds so easy to know when reading the words of Baba. It is indeed easy to know the direction of the path.
And I just read a good thing about witnessing, because we try to live not only the present, but past and future also and of course, we leave success or failure to him, the same as elation or dejection and we have the secret of peace and contentment.
But in fact, it was not easy in my experience, because it was terrible, it was really past, present and future mixed. In the past I had seen them talking together and there was ‘horror’ in the air, I knew there was something wrong and in the present during sleep there was a nightmare, because in the future, next morning, maybe three hours later, he went under the train.
In that moment was fear and I wanted to not get afraid anymore, therefore, I began to meditate.

 
What is the past? What is the present? And what is the future?
Kind of a strange that Baba Lila.
After I lived in Paris. Maybe the soulmate experience had to do with a distance relationship?
It meant no expectations, being happy when we meet, in two or in twenty years? That is a soulmate. I never would argue about anything with a soulmate…, wouldn’t I?
I was here in my country with the National Leader of the TM-movement, he liked that place in the mountains, I lived in the city. It was still a two week weekend relationship. 
From there it went to India and the parents to Spain, after I came back here, and felt lesser home than ever before. I met my ex in the ashram and we went to the USA, again back to India and after Spain we settled down here, because my daughter had to go to school.
Now we are here, but that is not the end.
Baba ‘engaged’ us and I get used to it, because 'we are the same - I am that', at long distance, but soulmates are the same even here. For sure we get aware of it in a long distance, between America and Europe, and moreover, he said, ‘I am in Africa’.
Now what is past? Present I know, I am here. But what is the future? It feels some kind of not like a star walker, but a … continent walker, because in the moment we are here, before we were in the US and the future was in the ashram, that was Asia, but now he said, ‘I am in Africa …’
 
With a little reasoning you can know for yourself the path you need to take, thereafter, it can be trodden step by step until the goal is reached.

It would be better to tell ‘jump by jump’ instead of ’step by step’, because continents are not just a step away.
That happened to a mother I know, she was with her daughter in the ashram, outside in the village, Baba said, the daughter will get married when she is twenty-four, it happened somehow. But now I had met a unhappy mother back here and forced to live with her very old father, as she is herself nearly sixty years old and looking for another relationship telling me that she looked young like she was forty, and it feels like she forgot that time has passed by.
She forgot that she spend her life with Baba, even if he always warned to not do that in the village outside of the ashram.
Her daughter is married with a South American, a bit too far away for a visit over the weekend.
Reading Yogananda’s book he tells we should live in the present, because it is too much strain to live in the past and in the future.   
There is no problem to live in the present, because we are all the same, ‘I am that’.
It means there is no difference, why should it matter where 'we' live? The world seems somehow small, but it is still complicated to live on different continents at the same time…, but it seems still possible.

No comments: