Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sleep and Death

Death involves certain developments that weaken and extinguish life.
It does not affect the Atma; the Atma has no death. It cannot be destroyed.
Therefore, one should not fear death. Death is but another stage of life. However long one suffers from illness or however severe the injury, death can happen only when Time signals the right moment. When the yearning for living ends, there can be no more birth.
 
 
Death is certainly not easy to conquer, but to have no more yearning for life is for me already a kind of death. If I am with others and the right people it is okay, otherwise, I can do nothing about it.
 
Feel that you are born with the dawn of every day; that you nestle in the lap of death when your eyes close in sleep. For, what happens in deep sleep? The body, the senses, the mind, the intelligence – all is negated and there is no trace of awareness of the world.
Know that waking from sleep is but birth and going into sleep is death.

But since I went through a time I didn't want to wake up anymore, that feels not very normal too.
I don't like my life and as it is just about forgetting it, I rather would go asleep and not wake up anymore. Why not forget it for good as we have anyhow to forget it?
There is nothing what can be tempting enough to go for it, not houses, not horses, not dogs ... and not men, not cars, work and no gold in this world would be tempting enough to keep me here, the only thing is my daughter still.
When Baba left the body he went with me in a deep well and there was very little water left and in going upwards again he dropped the body and it fell into dust and on the top was Krishna and his brother.
If I would love life, I probably would not have been able to share that experience, it was because I loved him and I like nothing here without him.
And years ago I was on meditation courses and I liked it, but that time has passed by. I remember it again, I guess the memory of it was disturbed, but it is okay again.
Whatever the reason that it had been disturbed..., it is only important as long as the disturbance is still going on, it is no more afterwards when it is normal again.

No comments: