Friday, March 7, 2014

Writing gets us to the Right Answer

At times, you may feel dissatisfied with the answers you wrote, even though you have spent a lot of time reading. Why? Because when you are preparing for examinations, mere reading is not sufficient.
You may read at home and feel confident of writing well in the exam hall, but that doesn’t work. You must necessarily practice at home what you do in the examination hall. That is why you should often practice writing the answers.
Many things which you do not understand clearly while reading, becomes easier to comprehend when you write. The more you write and practice at home, the better you will do in the examination hall. I will also share another secret for your success: In the examination hall, before receiving the question paper, you should first pray. Receive the question paper after your prayer. Then slowly read the question paper and start answering the easy questions first and the difficult ones towards the end.
Baba (thought for the day) 

If we read Baba's words we think he talks only to the students, but we know how it felt being in his presence, we always got the answers between his words and it was not at only for the students. We are the aspirants on the spiritual path and he is the teacher. He said that life is the best teacher and Tapas means first to use discrimination, second to see it in our own life and to go on no matter what obstacles are there. We should see it in our own life and it means we will have to do out homework and pass also some tests.    
That examination in our own life will be different, there will not be an examination hall, but nevertheless, it will be real. We feel it again and again that people are not quite satisfied with their words and thoughts, because we do not understand it well enough, because reading is not sufficient. We have to listen and to think it over to be able to absorb it as part of our own self. 
That thought for the day tells me finally why I am into writing. He was holding up a book after we came here and I knew it means writing it and when I began to write I didn't know where to begin with and even less how to end it, but I went on writing, just to do it, because in doing it we can finally will find a beginning and an end and not in just thinking about it, we have to put it into practice.
In the mean time it has changed, it is the reason why I write that blog, I am that student who has to pass an examination test and I have to find the right answer and in writing we practice at home and think it over in a different way than only reading it and we get a deeper meaning of the words and Baba's wisdom than only reading it.




I the beginning I felt often amazed that I thought something different in the thought for the day and finally after writing about it, I got to a different answer and that was a much better answer, because in writing I got aware of it, as I do now, that it is a process of understanding and that we cannot just understand it in reading it. Therefore, he doesn't speak only to students, but he is on an universal level and everybody who is a student, if young or old, is concerned.
And we are adults and Baba would not tell adults what to do, they have to know themselves. He tells the students that they should write it down at home to understand it better and that they should practice it at home.
So we do not know where our examination hall will be. If we only read the text at home and think it will work, we will not be happy with our own answers. We can feel that in our study circles. It is different if we write it down and by that we get aware of that it is a different feeling about the truth in his words.
It is Darshan, it means sight of truth. If we touch the truth in his words and share it with others we get a feeling for the beauty of the Darshan and we feel his presence. Therefore, we should do every study circle in the aim to go deep into his truth and write about it to find that truth, that is how we all should practice, not only me.
By writing it down I usually also find the questions in the text and if I am able to put the text in a question I am afterwards able to find the right answer, it is stored in the memory, as I was writing about it and by that it was thinking it over, but I am always surprised to hear what others tell and that is often such a different level, that I forget what I had in mind, even if I had practiced it. 
But after all, in the end I find usually back to it, because I stop to think about the words of others and go back to the text and Baba's words.
Baba is love, his presence is beautiful divine love, it feels charming and wonderful and we loved it that much, the love in the air, he would not tell adults that they should study like students.
But he asked a lady who was with me in the interview room, who is that girl? I should have been in that moment aware that he didn't talk with the woman in me, but with the inner child, and I was not aware of it and I spoke about it and already there was someone who wanted a woman and I got in a relationship which was not the answer to that question.
How often I was already thinking it over and tried to find that what I had missed in it that it was wrongly understood. For quite a bit of time I didn't understand it anymore, so I tried to find the right answer and again it comes up by writing about it, it is like magic, the writing brings it up.
I was not aware that he meant the inner child in telling, who is that girl.
Baba is very exact in his words and in the interview room every word had a meaning. It was the inner child that knew the answer, when he asked, who is that girl? The woman in me was looking in vain for the right answer.
But one thing that inner child in me has understood, if we practice and write it down and think about what he tells us in the thought for the day or in the text of his words in the study circle, we get an all different feeling for the text and it ends not in dissatisfaction, but in a feeling of Darshan, sight of truth.
If we are on some level dissatisfied with the way we see it or the answer which is on our lips and we would like to go deeper in the meaning of his words, we have to write about it and it will work. That is what he tells the students to do in that thought for the day, but it is not only about the students, but about everybody who is studding his wisdom. 
Many things which you do not understand clearly while reading, becomes easier to comprehend when you write. The more you write and practice at home, the better you will do in the examination hall.
    
It is that type of sincerity we should have.
Once I tried to learn Sanskrit and we began with the letters and waiting for Baba in Darshan, sitting at the floor, I was writing always the same words and letters to just get a feeling for it. It would have taken a lot of effort to learn that language and one day Baba came for Darshan and he was standing in front of me and asked how many people?
I was that surprised, I was first looking around because I was not even aware that there was a group and nobody was thinking about interview.
But I never wrote a word of Sanskrit again, because I realized by his reaction that I had better things to do and that I should not waste time.
But it was also writing and kind of the same, only it would have more sense to do it about his words and the wisdom and not just Sanskrit letters. I felt that it was too much time and effort involved to learn that language and that I could make better use of my time.
In the book of Hislop, 'My Baba and I' he talks about the difference between illusion and reality. Hislop asked him if everything was illusion and Baba said, 'no, there have to be four things to make it real, there has to be a purpose and time involved and work and we will get a result and that is real; purpose, time, effort (work) and result.
In the mean time I had the possibility to get aware of it on different levels and therefore, it is essential to have the right focus.
'Truth alone wins, and not untruth', and that is the right focus, because truth alone wins. I always wondered how to understand it right. I knew it is Sathva, but why it wins alone?
If that is our focus, the effort and work will go in direction of truth and we will experience it in time on different levels and that will be the result, the insight of truth and the 'I am that' as about that highest truth. 
If we go for truth the result will be truth. And if we go for illusion, the result will be illusion.
Baba's words are the song of the divine, it is a melody which is that beautiful, and all what we have to do is what he tells us here, go on practice at home, write, do not just read it, that is not enough. 
We will never feel satisfied with our knowledge, if we are not able to absorb it and realize it as part of our own self and it doesn't happen by only reading a text.
If we are not writing about it, we will not be able to touch the truth in the text, it is hidden, truth is never direct, but always indirect and when we just read it first it is direct understanding mostly, but by writing it down we get aware of it. As truth is hidden and not obvious, we should write about it and practice and be ready for the tests life has in store for us.
Darshan is the sight of truth and every word he tells us is that melody of the divine and the wisdom is that charming and beautiful, if we listen and we remember it, it again feels like only love and pure love and we are amazed and it feels like an ocean of love and we want to dive into it, because truth is love.
In the moment we find the truth in his words and feel it, we listen again to his voice and the sweet words and that melody of his speeches so touching and dear, a melody in the hearts of all hearts. When he spoke to us, we were that amazed by the radiance of love, it made us forget that love is not a feeling, but the action of truth in his words and his Darshan, reflecting pure love and divine light. 

No comments: