Friday, November 29, 2013

The Four Questions every Person must Know

There are four questions that every person must interest oneself with:
"Who am I?", "Where have I come from?", "Where am I going?" and "How long will I remain here?".
These questions have been answered clearly in the Vedas.
All spiritual inquiry begins with these questions and attempts to find answers to them. If you drop a letter in the post box without writing the 'From' or 'To' address, it will go nowhere but to the 'dead letter office'. In fact it is a waste of time writing that letter, is it not? So too, if you do not know the purpose of your life in this world, you will get caught in the cycle of birth and death, and will never reach your destination. To find answers to these key questions, you must begin enquiry about the Self. To get the answers, you must practice spiritual discipline. Then, you will find that the answers become part of your daily living experiences!

Baba (thought for the day)

I had an interview and he asked the devotee who sat at my side to translate and he asked her, 'who is that girl?' And I had to translate.
I don't remember how I felt, somehow it seemed strange to be talking about me and to translate it. I just remember that I translated and it was about who I am and I was aware that I was not that, when she finally said my name.
Who am I?
And he asked it three times and that are the three levels, body, mind and Atman, the level of the soul. The third time she said my name and in my thought I was aware that this is not who I really am.
I knew it was about those three levels, but I did not think it over enough at that time and therefore, I did not have the feeling to get an answer. Today it is different, because in thinking it over we get inside of our own self an answer. 
Also I was no yet writing as I do today, writing helps to get aware of it.
And he went on and asked, 'what is your relationship?'
There was also no answer to that, we both did not know? What was our relationship? We were in the same ashram and probably sisters, considering the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man.
We spoke about yoga and she did yoga and she must have been a very good pianist, it felt like she missed her life and that she could not play the piano in the ashram, she had only a room and never really felt comfortable in it, she was constantly painting it and it was overfilled with stuff.
We had talked about yoga and I had for sure mentioned that I worked as a TM-teacher and probably I spoke to her about meditation. 

There are four questions that every person must interest oneself with:
"Who am I?", "Where have I come from?", "Where am I going?" and "How long will I remain here?".
These questions have been answered clearly in the Vedas.
All spiritual inquiry begins with these questions and attempts to find answers to them. If you drop a letter in the post box without writing the 'From' or 'To' address, it will go nowhere but to the 'dead letter office'.


We talked about meditation, but not in the light of those questions and therefore, we didn't know where we were going in that type of meditation, it was just an exercise to feel better. Even though it said that people and the world will get enlightened by it to motivate the people to do it, but in reality it looked a bit different. 
Even when I spoke about meditation it happened unaware, because after being a TM-teacher we could talk of nothing else but that and it felt like focus, but also there was no way out of it. 
It felt kind of bothersome to not be able to talk of anything but that. We meditated to get inside, to feel better, to clean consciousness to use more of the mental potential, but it was not about, who am I?
If that is the main thing as lead down in the Veda, it was not there. If I would try to find an answer to that, who I was with TM, the first answer would be, 'I wanted to fly' therefore, who was I, a Siddha and we were all together the same level being Siddhas. 
The question where have I come from is not answered at all, we do not think about the source with TM. There is no realization that we come from God, divinity or that we are 'twin souls', where do we come from? 
Where are we going in realizing our 'twin soul', there will be a the same soul, the realization of it and by that I guess is also a task, a duty or a message involved.

During the TM-time we never asked question about it. There had been a feeling of soulmate after the Siddhis, after 'I wanted to fly' and I thought it was a sign to go in that direction, but only now, after I meet insight the reality of the 'twin soul' I get aware that there were no answers at all, it just got lost. It got even that lost, that I couldn't remember that it was the beginning anymore afterwards.
We didn't question were we came from. And we were not aware of it, it got lost, because the focus was only on technique an not the aim and the result of that technique. After the teacher's training was only one conclusion left, with whomever we talked, it was always the same, it ended in the conclusion, meditate and your problems will be solved.
But it should have been, meditate to realize who I am. Watch and go on no matter what obstacles will be there to realize who I am.
Meditation has not as purpose to make us believe in the solution to all problems, if we are not able to realize who we are, it is certainly not the solution to our problems and it will not get us enlightened, because these questions has been answered in the Vedas and if we do not know it, there is something missing and sooner or later that will be a problem.
Also we have to get to the right conclusion, that felt rather a product which was made looked attractive to be sold on the market, but it is not spiritual, it is just a method to calm down. Whatever, yoga is about truth and yogis are our friends, if that is not met and it is not about truth, it will also not be about friendship.

Whatever I spoke about her and yoga, it was certainly TM and getting always to that same conclusion. 
Whatever standpoint we looked at, it ended with the conclusion that we had only to meditate and as I didn't know Baba yet good enough I thought it had to be the same and that Baba would lead us to the same conclusion. But in the mean time I think it was just wast of time and energy and effort and lots of problems after I left.
A Guru has to get us to the right conclusion, but as it was not a right conclusion, my world was standing head. And I didn't know how to understand it. It was only about meditation and the fact that it helps to relax. If we know how to join the Buddha field, we will strengthen it and help the world consciousness and more people did that, better it was, that felt very logical and we were trained to clean consciousness, but it was not about the goal and getting answers to our questions, it was not at all about that. It was about practicing the flying sutra and we wanted to fly and that would have been the answer we hoped for or getting richer in meditating and getting more wealth and more power.

All spiritual inquiry begins with these questions and attempts to find answers to them. If you drop a letter in the post box without writing the 'From' or 'To' address, it will go nowhere but to the 'dead letter office'. In fact it is a waste of time writing that letter, is it not? 

I went in direction of the higher self, but it was not present, if we don't ask the right questions. The vision of the higher self was light and the body was dark, and it was clear that the 'I' in the sleeping body was not the body. There is already the knowledge that we are not the body in it. It was all present in the inner view, no doubt about it and it was about the inner view and TM was just kind of a means to get there, to reach that state beyond the body, which seemed impossible to be reached, but there was no discrimination between the light of the higher self and the body as 'not that'.
In that vision was also the blue ribbon between the light self and body and in it was written self. It said in the inner view that it should go in direction of light blue already, even that was also present in the inner view and that it was about self-realization. 
What did I actually do with TM?
But as I had been there and the questions were not answered, I went to Baba and had a lot of questions, it piled up and it had to be answered. What I didn't realize when Baba said it was not the right path was, that it would take a long time to understand it, because it has to be understood and it felt like that, when I realized I got that tired, I was scared to die from that tiredness, TM was an immense obstacle and not as we thought a help. Not only it had piled up and the source got lost, because there were no questions asked and no answers, after we get it, it has to be confirmed in the insight by a master that it can be absorbed and that was an amount of work ahead of us.
The mind trapped in the conclusion that we meditate and all problems will be solved, when in reality the aim is to get answers. 
Who am I? It was somehow met in all being 'Siddhas', but it was not an answer and we never had asked a question, it was just a program and unconscious happening. And exactly that unaware programming was present as inner view in my dreams and it didn't make sense, because first it was out of the program and created by two people doing their own thing and it made aware that the master was not present and because of that reason, no real questions can be answered. 
TM claimed to answer everything, therefore, there were no questions, need for answers anymore, just meditate, a short cut meditation, a product sold on the market.  
They said it is Veda and pure knowledge, but where is Veda, if it doesn't answer the main questions of the Veda?
The answer in the inner view as, cut off. It was upside down and that is by definition Tamas, ignorance, blindness, darkness. 
The West is not aware that Gurus can adapt to tamasic ways and not only in direction of the light. They say it is light and we believe them, but it is Tamas, it just looks like that, there is no discrimination between light and darkness.  

Just meditate and all problems will be solved and as well the problems of the world, but in fact, the questions ignored, the answers not there, the problems got bigger and bigger. There were no questions, therefore, not one experience made sense. It was about soulmate, but that's it, no answer, not why, no understanding, not even the possibility to live it, it got lost in the TM trailer. 
as there were not answers with TM, there were no answers in that direction as well and it got just lost. 

After Baba left the body and he said in the inner view personal staff, it came up that there had been a reason, that was about the source of it, what that problem was there. That source was also gone. He didn't know, we didn't know and if Baba would not have said it, we still would not know. As personal staff he had to check the relationship with the Maharishi, he was attached to it and went on, even after he had left and lived not anymore in the Swiss mountains. He went on talking about checking …, probably it made him feel good.
It was all upside down. The first time I realized that it was upside down was, after they had talked about that on and on, again and again, it was a constant issue and we couldn't deal with it, it felt like 'exposed' to him, because we couldn't do it at his place, and again and again nothing but that checking ... and finally that person he had checked it with some time ago, he wanted to marry her, came back and she also talked about it that it is checked again. Now it were two focused on checking with Maharishi, who was not there anymore.
It went nowhere and finally after I got back from my course to the center again and hoped it was over, whatever that had been, there was a big black hole in my meditation, that means it was not over. 
One day he was in front of the door telling me she had put an ultimatum, if he would see me, the relationship was finished. It was kind of amazing, after all that troubles with checking and again checking and Maharishi telling no, that she has a big ego and that if he marries her he has to work like a donkey, what everything said no, after all that, she set an ultimatum. That is how 'I' was finally the one who checked it for them and that ended it. That was the result of that checking business, which had expanded to all people, they looked like puppets on a string and the hand was not there which should been holding them and afterwards it expanded to all and all felt like enemies. That is how I got aware that they should actually be friends, because yogis are our friends. It was not an easy time and it was everything else but not no problems.
The identification with the body is ego. If we don't ask the question, who am I, we will never know the difference between the higher self and ego.
If we just repeat a mantra in our thoughts, we call it meditation, but it is not discrimination, as soon as we opened the eyes, we are back in the body and mind, if we don't ask the right questions and now where we are going.
For me it was already since sixteen that I went in direction of self-realization. I was not at all happy to realize how I got trapped in that short cut TM, no discrimination, but cleaning consciousness and the world.
Clean first your own mind and by that the world and by that they wanted to get the support of mother nature, like vacuum cleaners. 
They get to the wrong conclusion, if only meditating, they could do practically nothing wrong, and that is also a not right conclusion and there is no discrimination.
It is just a short cut and people made it easy for themselves, as long as it last, when it turns around, it can be awful to get lost and to get no answers. But nobody is aware of it. They meditate and cleaned the world, not supposed to have questions, no questions, all questions answered is like - no problem, much too simplified.
Baba said in my dream that he was the insight and he is the following step. After all those insights are 'He' and therefore, they are real and there was no remedy for it or change on that level, just to get to the right conclusion, that was the following step.
I went to Baba to get a better answer, I hoped he would help me to understand it and he did, even thought it took a lot of time. 
Even that was not okay, not for the national leader, even if the Maharishi told him that it was okay and I should not mix and I could stay a TM-teacher, he couldn't live with it. 
I had ended that relationship he had before, that checking and checking and once more checking business and I left, without even checking - I knew from the inner view that I had to go to Baba, there was no checking needed, but it was anyhow not clear and confusing and everything was Tamas and therefore, Baba said, it is very difficult to understand.
The Maharishi who knew about it, he was not there, but as I was together with the national leader at his place, he told him that I should not mix and that I could stay a TM-teacher. 
I left and didn't go back when he wanted me to come back and three months later he got engaged with someone he hardly knew, I had expected something like that and it was the end of it. I never went back, but I had to face the reality that my former life style was gone and that was kind of troublesome. 
Not even the master himself could prevent it to turn into the opposite. Later he was in the inner view as an actor and he was shot by a white light, that was funny, because he just was moved out of the way. I guess it was because a yogi had put him there and therefore, in his role he had more power than he should have had. 
Even if the Maharishi had told him in person, he was not able to understand it right. They think they are enlightened, on a certain point it became ridiculous, much too simple. Instead of asking questions, they all think they have the answer already even if they don't know what they are doing.
If the insight is not seen in the right light, the following step also Baba, gets turned upside down, the time working for them was just wasted, it was only creating problems and there was no gratefulness from there side. And it took years and years of time and effort to understand it and to get along with it.
No knowing what they are doing, not even realizing why it had to be checked, no discrimination, blind trust that it will be okay just in meditating, therefore, not even able to do it right when the Maharishi told him what to do.
Therefore, if Baba would not have said it in the inner view just before he left the body, that it was about personal staff, it would never get clear, because that guy had no discrimination and that is how the source gets lost. We cannot know when we don't know the source of the reason for a problem, it is not possible to understand it. The source gets lost, because these people think they do everything right and in reality they don't know what they are doing.
Baba said 'personal staff', it was shortly before he left the body in the inner view and it was the day after he had left the body, he asked in the dream, 'and how does it look now? What did really happen at that time when Sophie came back?' It was the after he had left the body and he said even her name?'
It was kind of amazing, but it was the day after he left the body.

It can take a lot of time and effort to understand a not right path. It is not that easy to get spiritual insights and even less if they are ignored.
TM is not aware that a master is representing the higher self and that it was only mind, because he was not there. 
That is why Baba tells, 'I am God and you are God as well', you just have to realize it.
To find answers to these key questions, we inquiry about the Self. To get the answers, we practice spiritual discipline. 

No comments: