Thursday, September 4, 2014

See Good, Mind-Control and Sutras

People think that giving up hearth and home is renunciation. This is not what Vairagya (detachment) implies. Whatever we do should be done in a spirit of goodwill and service. It should be for the wellbeing of the nation. And the welfare of all must be looked upon as the motto of the nation. From very early times, Bharatiyas have lived up to the ideal: "May all the worlds be happy!" To uphold this ideal, rulers, scholars, sages and everyone made many sacrifices. Today the spirit of sacrifice is not to be seen anywhere. It is selfishness that is the root cause of all the cruelty and violence today. All that we have in this century are strife, disputes, riots and violence. Selfishness has reared its head. Embodiments of Love! Get rid of selfishness. Regard yourself as an integral member of society. Develop the faith that your welfare is bound with the wellbeing of all.
Baba (thought for the day)

Tonight a mosquito woke me up at 3 AM and I thought I will not be able to go asleep again, as it was too early to get up and too late for a sleeping pill. I put some mosquito repellent and as I noticed some time later I couldn't go asleep again, I began to meditate and for that I was too tired, that way I began to remember the sutras. Instead of my mind getting into worrying about the next day I was thinking, 'friendliness, compassion, strength of an elephant, etc.' that are the TM-sutras we had practiced for years in the eighties and that made me feel good. I noticed there is a relationship with those sutras and in the silence of night half a sleep I liked to remember it.
  
I had not noticed before how comforting it is to think about the strength of an elephant when we worry about not being able to sleep as I have to work today. It means not enough sleep and eight hours at the office just tired. I went on repeating the sutras or remembering them and somehow I fell asleep again and this morning it felt still like that, it was like far away the alarm clock and I went into meditation and wondered that I was more reflecting on the sutras and the spiritual goal in the sutras, what made me feel good than to just meditate. Out of that 'inner light' it was no problem to face the next day, the worries about it couldn't come up and that was relaxing. And this morning I feel like I would have taken a sleeping pill, still now is the effect relaxation and no worry.
And someone talked about how to place orders to the universe and it reminded me how we got into TM. She explained what she read in that book and it said that she has to think it and to let go and that again reminded me at TM. It is the principle we had learnt with the sutras, think the sutra and let go.
If I am very tired and I think, 'friendliness, compassion, strength of an elephant' and I remember the good feelings we had at that time far gone in the past, it was possible to let go.
If we are half asleep and neither awake, nor sleeping and we remember the sutras in that state of mind, we can really feel it. I went on with 'navel and trachea' and it was in my mind that Ganapathi has a different trachea than we have. On the navel level it has to do with the body and there was not such a great reflection as I don't feel too well on body level for the moment. It was relaxing to not have the focus on that, but I went back to navel and as it went on like that, thinking navel, not resting with the disturbance or sickness on the body level, going back to the navel and the self, it felt like going to the wholeness of it and that has the possible of healing in it.
That felt comfortable and great beyond description. The lights I just remembered vaguely because it was not in focus in that moment and the intuition felt also great, because on that level it has all to do with intuition and inner seeing and the difference between transcendence and intellect, it felt more like connected to silence than intellect and just feeling it and after we had the senses and going beyond the senses, the finest level of hearing, seeing, feeling etc. In the Patanjali sutras if you research in the internet you find it differently translated, it tells 'Atman – seeing', it doesn't tell, the transcendence the finest level of seeing, that is the explanation of it.   
While I went through it half asleep when I reached the 'flying sutra' I probably went asleep.
But I remember it quite well that going through the sutras they took care of it that I didn't go into worrying and after all it took the pressure away and I fell asleep again and no mosquito was waking me up anymore after that.
Are you aware that the sutras in the  silence of the mind get us out of worry and that they take care that the worry cannot take over the mind? Whatever the worry but it is good to get in touch with the strength of an elephant. Some people probably think of Baba, it doesn't work for me, but sutras do work.
Too many things happened with Baba too just feel comfortable about it and relaxed, but the sutras are in my own self only. When I look at it as my daughter described it yesterday placing the order at the universe, if I place it with the sutras and 'compassion' and 'strength of an elephant' and I give it to Ganapathi or whatever, it is all based on my own self and there is no doubt. But if I think of Baba and his Lila I get wide awake and do not sleep anymore at all, that is in no way relaxing.
He is the man in the dream to awake us that is not the same as the sutras, they take care that the mind cannot turn into havoc and all the worries in the mind cannot come up because we focus for some time on sutras and they are all related to divinity and the spiritual aim. If you are wide awake and worried and you cannot go to sleep because the mind is not calm enough and also meditation doesn't help and we begin to remember the sutras and notice that they are stronger than worries, because there is the strength of an elephant, it settles down the mind, whatever the worry and that is a 'gift'.
I don't know why it takes that much time to get aware of it, but being able to control the mind and the energy settles down, when usually it is worried and full of anxiety. The real benefit of meditation and yoga and sutras is to go beyond the mind. If we cannot get rid of worries and anxiety we are not beyond but in the mind.
That is what I thought I had found with TM and therefore, I wanted to go on and also teach TM, but somehow that part didn't work. I was focused on divinity, because I went in direction of the higher self and that is one with divinity and TM was not the same.
I would prefer that it doesn't take that much time to get aware of it, but it is always great when something is lightening up again. To get aware of the value of the Siddhis and sutras on that level and to see how the mind is influenced by it that is great and it is also part of divinity. Baba said in the interview that all mantras are okay. Only now I realize that it was not only about that difference between our  personal TM-mantra and Soham, it is all okay, also the sutras are okay, he didn't make the difference between sutras and mantras.
I am tired of getting into family stuff and worrying about things which had been not okay as long as I live and thinking it over. I prefer to meditate and to think about sutras to keep the mind focused on divinity and on good spiritual aims. If we think the sutras a lot of crap cannot get into our mind, the mind has always something to worry about if we don't have any self-control.
Thinking the sutras and remember it is part of 'self-control'.
For me being a Siddha was a beautiful experience and a great place to be and the sutras took care of it that our life quality was better because the worries didn't even come into the mind.
In the beginning working here I went into dynamic mediation and afterwards I had to go back to silent sitting. I noticed that in the mind was stuff, I never thought possible. I had the HR-manager in my mind at night as I was not able to totally let go and she was enervating. That is never the case when I sit up in the morning and meditate.
So meditation takes care of it, but the sutras take care of it that we don't get into worries.
In thinking the sutras I wondered if it was real and I didn't care about it. If we see it like an order placed at the universe that 'strength of an elephant', we do not care if it is real, we know it is real, because we place the order, the universe takes care of it that it gets real. And it was present in the Darshan with Baba and it even merged with him, after he was sitting on Sai Gita during one of his birthday celebration, so we know it is 'He' – only.
That is what Baba tells, 'Why worry when I am here?' Only he is not here in the form as Swami, he is present in the sutras and in the strength of an elephant and in 'I wanted to fly', he is present in the Siddhis. Baba is the 'Siddhis', how wonderful.
Today the spirit of sacrifice is not to be seen anywhere. It is selfishness that is the root cause of all the cruelty and violence today. All that we have in this century are strife, disputes, riots and violence. Selfishness has reared its head. Embodiments of Love! Get rid of selfishness. Regard yourself as an integral member of society. Develop the faith that your welfare is bound with the wellbeing of all.
It is only possible to get detached if we know how to control the mind and to direct it inwards. If the mind gets into worries and we are not able to get out of it, we cannot get rid of selfishness.
If we are able to let go, we feel the peace in that letting go and the inner silence and on that level is the real joy and that is pleasure for the mind to be in such a meditation, because the mind can enjoy it if there is no worrying but only peace and a good feeling and wellbeing.  

No comments: