Friday, September 1, 2017

Digest the Food we have Taken

Many of you have read many great books, including the Ramayana and the Bhagavata many times, for they are now easily available at a very low cost. But what proof can you give for having profited by the hours that you have spent with them? To digest the food you have taken, you have to engage in some physical activity. To digest the lessons that you imbue through holy company or through the study of great books, don't you have to practice them in daily life? Manana (recapitulation) is a very important spiritual practice (Sadhana); dwell in silence on the implications of the lessons you have come across. Keep up the enthusiasm that has given you the patience to sit through many spiritual satsangs for several hours. Develop it, and seeking the company of pious men and women, strengthen your satwik (serene and pure) tendencies, and progress in the spiritual path. You have My blessings.


When I began to think it over I had not idea what I was doing. There was nothing else to do. It was about insights and there were lots of them over the years and never an answer. It means with time it felt like just picture, a picture book with no text. 
He said a month before he left the body in my meditation to be ready on the 25th of March at 3 PM. I was sitting at that time in meditation and it said only one word, 'engaged'.
I knew whom it was, because I got in touch with him some time before and afterwards I told him about it and he said it didn't make sense. So it didn't make sense.
He lives in the USA and I had been married with an American, therefore, I was not too surprised. I wrote him and he answered and when he answered, he said, 'congratulation, you have another job'. When it began there were lots of insights and it really didn't make sense, not for him, but it made sense, because I had to think it over and there had never been more insights than during that time, for him as he was at the other end of it I guess without any insights, it didn't make sense.
Whatever, that is how I got aware that by think over his word I began to get answers.

If we look at his words, he talks about the Bhagavad Gita and the Ramayana. I had the first experience of self-realization I was a teenager writing diaries and after that it was gone and I couldn't find it anymore, even though it had been in the parent's house, it never came back.
Writing the diary didn't make sense anymore at that time and I stopped with it. So I began to observe, it means just let life go on and it had to come from the inside. With other words, I was looking for it all over and I couldn't find it and I had to learn to take it as it comes, what was not that easy and to just observe. I heared about four pillars, it had to do with knowledge, risk, volition and silence. It said it was the pillars of secret societies and as I had been looking everywhere for it and I couldn't find it anymore, I thought it could not get worse than it was already, but it somehow made sense that four pillars create a fundament and we can build on it. 
I had no idea why and what and where I went, but I was remembering it. The first pillar was not present, it was about knowledge if it would have been there, I would not have been looking for it. The second was about risk or going for it, doing it and I thought I had nothing to lose really as I didn't get any answer otherwise, what was worth than looking for it everywhere, it was also a risk but it never had a good result or no answers. There was no reason to not risk it. And I wanted it otherwise, I would not have looked for it, it means it was no question about it as I had been looking for it everywhere and silence, that was new. I wouldn't talk about it. But it was good as it was not possible to talk in my parent's house, it means it solved lots of problems, I didn't try even it was about silence. And that is how I began to observe.

I began with the four pillars and I had no idea at that time that I would find the four pillars of Veda again later in his words. It said, truth, right action, peace and love.
I was watching and I went on watching in silence of course and without taking a decision, so I did the best in taking it as it comes and landed in a different job in Geneva and observing began on the outer level, we observed first thoughts, feelings, emotions and it was kind of fun and when I began to see things in the air it changed and it began to be a challenge, but when it began to be in dreams it was a totally different level and it was about insights and first it had to do with someone who killed himself and it was present in the dream as fear and the same I as we worked in the same firm, but I had no idea how that firm took over to the extent to be the same I. It means I didn't know, but I was married with the firm and it happened by letting things go on and taking it as it comes. And later it was the higher self and the I was in the dark sleeping body and that was in the dream.
Between the light person what was only beauty, love and light was a gap and there was a light blue ribbon and in it was written self. That is how I knew it was the higher self and what I had been looking for. It means the four pillar had worked, but I forgot about it.
After that experience I felt free to go and I got a new job.
It was a new beginning, but it didn't tell only new beginning, it was a new birth.

I was still looking for wisdom, even if I had the Gita in my hands, I just didn't understand it and why it was a battlefield. I tried to understand how I had met the higher self in the dream and even in reading the Bhagavad Gita I didn't get the answer. There was no explanation about the light of the self, but it was the light of God. That is why I began later with meditation in the purpose to go inside and I hoped to get closer like that.  
That is what comes up when he speaks about the Bhagavad Gita and the Bhagavatam, it is  how I got to know it, but after reading in the Gita I got just aware that I didn't understand it. And when I went to the Hare Krishnas hoping to get an answer that is how it began, it had to be experience, not just an answer. So I cannot tell that I have absorbed it even if I got the book a long time by now and read it a few times, exactly as he tells in his words.
At the ashram I was reading the Krishna stories but I got a version where it was like a thriller and in the dream I danced with Krishna and next morning during Darshan the blue hue of the skin of Krishna was around Baba. It was an amazing Darshan, sight of truth.

Many of you have read many great books, including the Ramayana and the Bhagavata many times, for they are now easily available at a very low cost. But what proof can you give for having profited by the hours that you have spent with them? To digest the food you have taken, you have to engage in some physical activity.

First it was in a relationship and I looked at it as a duty or that I had to engage in physical activity. That was just the problem and why he said 'engaged' it is about that. 
He explains that we have to digest the lessons that we imbue through holy company or through the study of great books. We have to practice and that is why we think it over to get the message. 
To listen is very important in the spiritual practice and it is neglected. How important it really is I got only aware when he said only listening it Tamas, dullness in the mind, if we think it over as well it is Rajas, we can discuss about it because it has two sides to it, but only when we absorb it we are on the level of sathva. Therefore, just listening without thinking it over is not okay as it is Tamas, we have to think it over and not only that, we have to be able to absorb and to put it into practice.
We have to understand the spiritual lessons we have come across and that happens when thinking it over, we see it in our own life and get aware like that of the lesson in his words.
It is kind of like with the Krishna book in Baba's present to became alive, it was like I was living it and that is the same when we listen to his words. If we see it in our own life it becomes alive.  

To digest the lessons that you imbue through holy company or through the study of great books, don't you have to practice them in daily life? Manana (recapitulation) is a very important spiritual practice (Sadhana); dwell in silence on the implications of the lessons you have come across.

If we don't think it over, we don't get aware of it or we think we know but we don't know as we don't understand it as long as we don't see it with our own experience. 
That was after we began with meditation to practice years ago in the purpose to understand it and we didn't understand it still, we had to think it over to get some answers and if we don't do it we don't practice. Therefore, meditation alone was not the answer. We thought it was, but it wasn't.

We sat through many spiritual satsangs for hours, we developed it and with meditation we strengthen our satvic and pure tendencies and that is how it progressed and y thinking it over finally we got the answers, it means it is no more a picture book without text, we have the picture and we have the text. He said to use his words and it is impossible to quote him all the time, but it is always possible to think it over and we have his words in every day's thought for the day.

And it grows that is how we progressed and went on with meditation making sure we would go on develop it and we would be able to progress on the spiritual path.
In thinking it over sometimes when it touches our life it is like he words come alive. 
It just feels right, totally right, every word is the answer to what happened today a week ago. We see it in his words inside in the light of the self, because he is the light of the self and it is realized and therefore, we can see in every word the mind and the difference when it is that state of calm being of space in our own self, silent and calm. 
That is how we get aware of the mind and the difference between mind and Atma, between the limited mind and the unlimited soul, between the mind and the observer and that we need to get beyond the mind in listening to be able to know the mirror. Nobody is able to see the mirror if we get lost in the mind and to be one with the observer we have to develop sathva, that calm, serene state of mind, we can observe and get aware of the mirror.

Keep up the enthusiasm that has given you the patience to sit through many spiritual satsangs for several hours. Develop it, and seeking the company of pious men and women, strengthen your satwik (serene and pure) tendencies, and progress in the spiritual path. You have My blessings.

Last Friday it was about the mirror and entstressing, it was stress and it felt really like a storm, and the past came up and family and it was not very peaceful really. It was entstressing because there had been a holiday with spiritual background and not being able to enjoy it, too much challenge and when I asked if it was good, she got upset and at once it was my fault.

That is what we called entstressing, it is something else and projected on someone, it can be anyone and anything, it is just getting rid of steam and we talked about the mirror.
The mirror was what was coming up, what was in the air and it felt like stored forever that is just the right words and the mind is not able of letting go, that was as well present, so what we had called only entstressing became a face.

We call it not only entstressing, but the characteristics of the mind. It was the mind and when we talk about the mirror, we talk about the observer and it is not the mind, but beyond the mind and nobody in the mind, getting lost in the mind, as it is Tamas if we turn it upside down and blame the other for it when it is our own stuff, it is not calm and serene enough to be the observer. 
There is no mirror, the mirror is an illusion if the mind is not mastered at all.

Meditation, listening to his words, contemplation and thinking it over, singing and satsangs have the aim to develop that serene, calm sathvic state of mind to be able to discriminate between observer and mind and to know how to stay out of it and not taking in by it. In every sentence of his words is that experience and it is not only the principle, it is the experience and by listening to his words it gets alive and it feels like our own experience. If we have insights in dreams it is like getting the food but it needs to be digested, he said in the dream stage, he is the insight and the following step.
The insight is the food, but when we don't understand it, we have not yet digested it.


No comments: